This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Nessun supporter è disponibile a lavorare oggi sul forum Italian. Sentitevi liberi di creare ticket e li gestiremo il prima possibile quando saremo online. Grazie per la comprensione.

Etichettato: 

This topic contains 6 risposte, has 2 voci.

Last updated by Noman 3 mesi, 2 settimane fa.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Autore Post
July 2, 2019 at 4:22 pm #4128729

lucam-13

Hi,

if i switch to the english version of my website, i can't see the menu when the screen width is below 1141px.

Let me know,
Luca.

July 2, 2019 at 6:09 pm #4129285

Noman
Supporter

Languages: Inglese (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Could you please follow below steps and let me know how it goes?

- Please add this to the top of wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/* WP Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

=== Please backup your database and website ===

- Please upgrade your server’s PHP version to a higher level: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

PHP is 5.6.40 which is good, but it's advised is to use more up-to-date version for better performance and stability. You can contact your website hosting company to upgrade this for you.

- You are using an older version of WordPress on your site, please backup your site and update WordPress to it’s latest version 5.2.2.

- Please make sure you are using updated version of your theme.

- Please delete all sorts of caches on your site / server cache / plugin cache (WP Fastest Cache) / CDN cache (if any), clear browser cache and then check the page. I would suggest to disable WP Fastest Cache plugin temporarily.

If still issue persists, please check for a possible theme and plugin conflict. To do that you can switch back to any default theme (e.g. Twenty Seventeen theme), Disable all plugins except WPML and see if this issue goes away with default theme and only WPML activated?

Please let me know if this resolves your issue or you need further assistance with this issue.

Thank you

July 4, 2019 at 1:01 pm #4143497

lucam-13

Hi,

i've changed php version, updated wordpress, updated the theme but the menu still doesn't work.

Last time we contacted your support, they gave us this code to fix the problem we have now:

/* fix menu inglese */
.mk-header:not(.header-style-4) .header-logo {
z-index: -1;
}

Since when we updated all the wpml plugins it doesn't work anymore.

Let me know,
Luca.

July 4, 2019 at 3:20 pm #4144975

Noman
Supporter

Hi,

I have visited your site again and now on screen 1141px width I can see mobile menu but without logo as you can see in the attached screenshot.

Logo issue could be fixed by removing below CSS:

/* fix menu inglese */
.mk-header:not(.header-style-4) .header-logo {
z-index: -1;
}

Could you please clear your browser cache and take another look on it and let me know how it goes.

If still issue persists, please send me a screenshot where I can see this issue.

Thank you

July 5, 2019 at 7:31 am #4148389
lucam-13

Thank you for help!

I have to fix this now: we've used a code by wpml to show in the menu different things on different languages

<?php if(ICL_LANGUAGE_CODE == 'it'): ?>
<a href="hidden link" style="display:inline-block">
<div class="rolex-retailer-clock">
</div>
</a>
<script src="hidden link"></script>
<script>
var rdp = new RolexRetailerClock();
var rdpConfig = {
dealerAPIKey: 'e90c6378b8923b25d7d684406cc330ab',
lang: 'it',
colour: 'gold'
}
try {
rdp.getRetailerClock(rdpConfig);
} catch (err) {}
</script>
</div>

<?php else: ?>
<a href="hidden link" style="display:inline-block">
<div class="rolex-retailer-clock">
   </div>
</a>
<script src="hidden link"></script>
<script>
var rdp = new RolexRetailerClock();
var rdpConfig = {
dealerAPIKey: 'e90c6378b8923b25d7d684406cc330ab',
lang: 'en',
colour: 'gold'
}
try {
rdp.getRetailerClock(rdpConfig);
} catch (err) {}
</script>
<?php endif; ?>

Now, if i navigate to the en website, i see the rolex banner in italian. Is it possibile to fix this?

Let me know,
Luca

I nuovi thread creati da Noman e collegati a questo sono elencati di seguito:

https://wpml.org/it/forums/topic/different-things-on-different-languages-issue/

July 7, 2019 at 3:40 pm #4157875

Noman
Supporter

Hi,

1. To handle new issue, I have created a new ticket since this is a separate issue. Here is the link to the new ticket:
https://wpml.org/it/forums/topic/different-things-on-different-languages-issue/

2. To further debug english menu issue, please provide temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP Login info) to your site (preferably staging site), so that I can look into your setup and debug the issue.

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

=== Please backup your database and website ===

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

Thank you

July 9, 2019 at 9:45 am #4169293

Noman
Supporter

Hi,

I have logged in to your site and activated Jupiter parent theme and with parent theme header working perfectly fine in all languages as you can in attached screenshots.

This issue is only in your child theme custom code and we cannot consult much on the custom code or requirements, as it falls in custom programming work for your site, we recommend contacting one of our certified service providers for such cases:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-contractors/

Thank you