This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Nessun supporter è disponibile a lavorare oggi sul forum Italian. Sentitevi liberi di creare ticket e li gestiremo il prima possibile quando saremo online. Grazie per la comprensione.

This topic contains 6 risposte, has 2 voci.

Last updated by Bruno 2 settimane fa.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Autore Post
September 26, 2019 at 5:10 pm #4649223

paoloC-16

Tell us what you are trying to do? i wuold like to delete a media in all language in a one click, without need to delete the media file for each language. I read that i have to check an option under WPML -> Settings -> "By deleting an article, its translations are also deleted" (source: https://wpml.org/de/forums/topic/deleting-of-images-for-all-languages-in-the-media-library/) but i would like this only for media files and not for content site.

Can you tell me more on how i can fix this issue?

September 26, 2019 at 6:32 pm #4649687

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: Inglese (English ) Portoghese, Brasile (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. This option is also for images as well as pages and posts.

You can select this option to remove images and then uncheck it. By following these steps, does this work correctly for you?

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have about it. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.

September 26, 2019 at 8:49 pm #4650361

paoloC-16

hi, thanks for replay but this isn't the right workflow for me, i wuold like that "editor user" can delete image without need to do anything else in one click.

if i have to deactivate and reactivate the time is the same of delete the image in one language and then in the others lenguages.

more over in a site where we have sevaral users with different roles i can't ask them to rember of reactive the option.

September 26, 2019 at 9:30 pm #4650441

Bruno
Supporter

Hi,

My above suggestion to enable/disable the "When deleting a post, delete translations as well" option would be just so that it doesn't change the way posts and pages are removed. You can keep this option enabled as we do not have an option for images only.

Keeping this option enabled and removing images through the Media > Library page should work correctly for "Editor" roles as well. This is the only option at the moment so that when removing a record (image, posts, etc.) delete the translations too

Thank you.

September 27, 2019 at 2:32 pm #4655219

paoloC-16

when the option "When deleting a post, delete translations as well" is enabled and a user delete a post in one language then the traslations for language are deleted. i need that this option is disable and i can't ask to my users to use the "switch option way" becouse then they can forget to reactivate it so i prefer that they can forget to delete images in others languages.

So i hope that this "feature" can be improvement in the next future

September 27, 2019 at 3:57 pm #4655689

Bruno
Supporter

With this option currently disabled, you will need to remove the images one by one in each language and unfortunately, there is no other option for this. I will forward your suggestion to our developers.

Please note that we do not have a deadline or if this option will be developed in future releases. Our developers will decide on the viability of this feature.

Thank you.

September 30, 2019 at 2:24 pm #4665253

Bruno
Supporter

I already contacted 2nd tier support to have them check this out and they responded to you adding your suggestion on our suggestions page as well: https://wpml.org/suggest-a-new-feature-for-wpml/

This helps us keep customer suggestions more organized.

Thank you.