This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Nessun supporter è disponibile a lavorare oggi sul forum Italian. Sentitevi liberi di creare ticket e li gestiremo il prima possibile quando saremo online. Grazie per la comprensione.

Etichettato: 

This topic contains 16 risposte, has 2 voci.

Last updated by Noman 5 mesi fa.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Autore Post
May 1, 2019 at 8:51 pm #3719873

enricoL-8

I have difficoult about a translation of a sting that is situated into a file .php
wpml can't find this string at the moment.
there are any chance to help me?

May 2, 2019 at 5:06 am #3721723

Noman
Supporter

Languages: Inglese (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. You need to wrap the string in the gettext functions __() with a text domain like 'themedomain’ as follows:

__('Your string goes here', 'themedomain');

Then, scan the theme again in WPML >> Theme and plugins localization and translate this string under WPML >> String Translation

Please let me know if this resolves your isue or you need further assistance.

Thank you

May 4, 2019 at 4:45 pm #3740785

enricoL-8

Hi Noman,
I used this code: __('Durata', 'themedomain'); because the word is in italian (durata)
but doesn't work the said the XML code is not valid.
what can I do?

May 5, 2019 at 2:06 pm #3742995

Noman
Supporter

Hi,

To further debug this issue, please provide temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP Login info) to your site (preferably staging site), so that I can look into your setup and debug the issue.

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

=== Please backup your database and website ===

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

Thank you

May 6, 2019 at 11:20 am #3747487

Noman
Supporter

Hi,

- I have wrapped string in gettext function by replacing below code:

<h4><?php echo Durata; ?></h4>

With:

<h4><?php echo __('Durata', 'themedomain'); ?></h4>

In wp-content/plugins/theme-common/custom-visual/shortcodes.php file

- Then scanned the ‘theme-common’ plugin from WPML >> Theme and plugins localization section.
- Added from WPML >> String Translation.
- You can follow same steps for each string that you want to translate.

- Please note, these changes will be removed when you will update this plugin also I can not find this plugin in our verified compatibility plugin list: https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/

I recommend you to please ask ‘Theme common’ plugin author so they can advise you on latest compatibility of their plugin and WPML or fix this issue.

Please let me know if this resolves your issue or you need further assistance with this issue.

Thank you

May 6, 2019 at 4:52 pm #3751317

enricoL-8

You are the best one! Everything is all right!

just a question: the author is disappeared, I don't have any answer from many many time.. so It's possible to don't update the plug in? I don't know how can I do to resolve this.

thanks

May 7, 2019 at 5:50 am #3754011

Noman
Supporter

Hi,

Glad to see your issue is resolved.

Yes, you can disable specific theme/plugin updates by using ‘Easy Updates Manager’ plugin:
https://wordpress.org/plugins/stops-core-theme-and-plugin-updates/

Here is doc for more details:
hidden link

Thank you

May 8, 2019 at 2:55 pm #3767967

enricoL-8

I made it! thank you so much..
but.. next year when I'll pay wpml for the year 2020 I'll pay for an update too, isn.t it? so I'm payng for.. nothing..
sorry to bother you 😛

May 9, 2019 at 12:06 pm #3776015

Noman
Supporter

Sorry I am not getting you. The update issue is of that Theme Common plugin not with WPML 🙂

May 10, 2019 at 11:54 am #3783877

enricoL-8

ok, do you think that if I stop the update of theme common I can't have any update including wordpress update.. so it's non legal for the new google law for the gdpr..
so Can you help me to write an email to the theme's author the correct indication to resolve this problem? please, because I don't know wery well this kind of topic, so I can write someting confusion things to the author.

Kind regards

May 12, 2019 at 9:09 am #3792681

Noman
Supporter

No, WordPress or any other update will not be affected at all. You dont need to disable anything, as theme common author is not providing any updates since long time, we are all set. No need to worry about that plugin or its updates or any further action.

The problem is already solved as the translation is working fine now in your site. Thanks

May 12, 2019 at 8:29 pm #3793881

enricoL-8

ok, so everythings is changed? I don't need more to stop updating theme common?
It's not a risk to don't update my theme according with google law?
thank you

May 13, 2019 at 10:04 am #3796717

Noman
Supporter

So everythings is changed? I don't need more to stop updating theme common?
-- Yes right.

It's not a risk to don't update my theme according with google law?
-- Yes, also GDPR question is not related to WPML and is out of our support policy. You may ask more about it in general WordPress forums:
https://wordpress.org/support/view/all-topics/
https://wordpress.stackexchange.com

Thanks

May 13, 2019 at 6:13 pm #3801121

enricoL-8

I don't understand why now everithing is changed.. you wrote this:

-- Please note, these changes will be removed when you will update this plugin also I can not find this plugin in our verified compatibility plugin list: https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/

-- I recommend you to please ask ‘Theme common’ plugin author so they can advise you on latest compatibility of their plugin and WPML or fix this issue.

and now everythings is ok.. sorry but maybe I miss something in our conversation.
thank you very much

May 13, 2019 at 6:35 pm #3801201

Noman
Supporter

In the start I thought that theme updates are provided by the author. But as you told me that author is not providing any updates for the theme.

So it is not needed to make any change at your end. Thanks