This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
I am trying to: delete the two flag icons that appear by default in the header area, but in WPML> Languages ​​there is no trace of these icons.

Solution:
It seems this language switcher coming from your theme and you may hide it from your theme options or you can hide it by adding the following CSS:

ul.avia_wpml_language_switch.avia_wpml_language_switch_extra {
    display: none !important;
}

in WPML >> Languages > Additional CSS section.

Etichettato: 

This topic contains 5 risposte, has 2 voci.

Last updated by marcoR-69 3 mesi fa.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Autore Post
July 16, 2019 at 9:35 am #4218127

marcoR-69

Tema: Enfold

Sto tentando di: eliminare le due icone delle bandiere che compaiono di default nella zona dell'intestazione, ma in WPML > Lingue non c'è traccia di queste icone.

Rimuovendo la barra di intestazione, non si eliminano ma finiscono automaticamente nel menu.

Vorrei mantenere soltanto quelle che ho impostato io (con scritta + icona) ed eliminare le due icone aggiuntive che compaiono di default (indicate nello screenshot).

Come posso procedere?

Theme:Enfold.
In WPML > Languages I cannot find any clue on how to remove those flag icons that you can see in the attached screenshot (the circled flags). I set the other two icons with flags + the words IT/EN, but i cannot remove the default ones.

July 16, 2019 at 9:44 am #4218341

Noman
Supporter

Languages: Inglese (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I am going to answer this in English, I hope that is ok, if you still need help in Italian please let me know.

It seems this language switcher coming from your theme and you may hide it from your theme options or you can hide it by adding the following CSS:

ul.avia_wpml_language_switch.avia_wpml_language_switch_extra {
    display: none !important;
}

in WPML >> Languages > Additional CSS section and it will look as in the attached screenshot.

Thank you

July 16, 2019 at 9:59 am #4218661

marcoR-69

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

July 16, 2019 at 10:26 am #4219013

marcoR-69

Il problema sembrava risolto ma sembra che questa soluzione funzioni soltanto se utilizzo Google Chrome.

In Safari e Firefox funziona se guardo il sito tradotto in inglese, se scelgo la lingua italiana le due bandiere di default tornano.

Inoltre, per il selettore personalizzato ho rimosso le icone lasciando solo le parole IT/EN ma su Safari e Firefox anche questa modifica è visibile soltanto con il sito in inglese.

July 16, 2019 at 1:04 pm #4220245

Noman
Supporter

Languages: Inglese (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Could you please clear all sorts of caches in your site plugin cache (W3 Total Cache) / CDN cache (if any) / browser cache and then see if it resolves the issue afterwards.

To take a closer look on this issue, please provide temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP Login info) to your site (preferably staging site), so that I can look into your setup and debug the issue.

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

=== Please backup your database and website ===

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

Thank you

July 16, 2019 at 2:15 pm #4220959

marcoR-69

Thank you Noman, the issue was probably connected to our site's cache. Now the problem is solved!