Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 3 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Bigul.

Author Posts
September 10, 2020 at 7:29 pm #6988183

Ben

I get emails from all sites with wpml and ithemes security pro almost every day about this. When only ithemes security pro is installed and not wpml, I don't get these emails.

Site Scan for *2020-08-27*

Site Scan

* An error occurred while running the scheduled site scan on Bentrix:
* Error Message: Invalid Signature. Please try again, or contact
support if this error persists.
* Error Code: |invalid_license|

September 11, 2020 at 8:22 pm #6996913

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Vienna (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve the issue.

We have released a new version of WPML recently, it has included major changes and new features. So please upgrade to the latest version of WPML(4.4.2 series) after a full site backup[mandatory] and make sure the issue is existing or not. Refer to the following documentation for more details.

https://wpml.org/changelog/2020/09/wpml-4-4-0-major-improvements-for-string-translation-automatic-translation-and-more/

If the issue exists, maybe you are facing this issue because of compatibility conflicts. So to make sure if possible, please do the following steps.

a) Make a staging site(clone copy of the live site)
b) On the staging site switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like 2020
c) Deactivate all the plugins that are not related to WPML except iThemes Security Pro on the staging site
d) Then check the issue is existing or not
e) If the issue is gone, activate the plugin as a group of three or four to find which one has an interaction issue
f) Switch back to your theme

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 14, 2020 at 8:11 am #7005857

Ben

Thanks for your reply Bigul!

As you can see on the uploaded screenshot from my email app the issue does not occur even once per day so I can't really disable all other plugins for several days and wait and see if no email about invalid license comes in.

The reason why I think this has something to do with WPML is that I manage ~20 sites and out of them 3 are WPML sites and it's only on those I get these emails.

I've updated to the latest version now. Just as a side note. I did not see any updates on the WP updates page. Only after I went to the special WPML updates page and tried to update their which first failed but seemed to work the second time. But after that I could see the updates on the WP updates page and update them from there.
Can you see if I'm running any plugins which WPML is not compatible with? That maybe blocks updates like this?

ithemes suggests:
"I hate to ask you this, but could you please ask on their support forums? If you can private message anyone there, asking for a dev to work with our dev would be ideal."

Can your devs email ithemes directly and try to resolve this? They can get in touch with Rebecca Diamond, rdiamond@ithemes.com, and she will be able to direct them to the right person.

Thanks,

Ben

invalid-license.png
September 14, 2020 at 2:43 pm #7010133

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Ben,

Thank you for the detailed feedback. I will share these details with our team. But as a part of our escalation process, we have to make sure the issue is existing in a minimal setup. Therefore I have a couple of requests.

a) Please create a staging site(clone copy) for one of the sites having the issue and share the credentials with us. It will help us to troubleshoot the bug without affecting your live site. Please refer to the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

hidden link

b) Please allows us to make a duplicator copy of your site using the Duplicator plugin(https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/) for debugging the issue locally.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 14, 2020 at 7:50 pm #7012917

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Ben,

Thank you for the staging site details. But unable to access the backend of the site because of conflict in the Captcha settings. Please check the attached image for more details.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

2020-09-15_01-18-27.png
September 14, 2020 at 7:56 pm #7012993

Ben

Check it again now & click the link "I agree to these terms".

BR,
Ben

September 14, 2020 at 8:00 pm #7013019
Ben

Maybe you can tell me what to do to get the dev2.bentrix.se domain to work for the translation? 🙂

BR,
Ben

New threads created by Bigul and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/different-domain-per-language-is-not-working-in-staging-site/

dev2-se.png
September 15, 2020 at 8:00 am #7015557

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Ben,

Thank you for the updates. I can log in to the site now and do the following steps on the site.

1) Clear the caches
2) Deactivate all other plugins
3) Switch to 2020 theme
4) Activate Email log plugin

I will wait for a few hours for the email logs and update you the status. Please wait.

Please note, I have opened a new ticket for the Different domain per language issue. Because as per our support policies, we can only handle one issue per ticket. It will help us to serve you better and we can avoid discussing multiple problems in one ticket. Also, it will help other users with similar problems find solutions when searching the forum. I will get back to you soon on the latest ticket. Thank you for your understanding.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 15, 2020 at 8:05 am #7015641

Ben

Thank you Bigul. As you can see in the screenshot from my email it can take up to 8 days before the email is sent.

Yes I think we need the different domains setup as that is what will trigger ithemes security that another domain is trying to do stuff when the license is for the first domain.

Kind regards,
Ben

September 15, 2020 at 4:34 pm #7020025

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Ben,

Thank you for your updates. I have shared the details with our team for the expert opinion and waiting for their feedback now. We will get back to you as early as possible. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 15, 2020 at 6:22 pm #7020421

Ben

Thank you Bigul. Take your time. As I said it can take time before the email is triggered. I'm not sure when it checks the license. If it depends on visits to the site or something else. You can check with ithemes.

BR,
Ben

September 16, 2020 at 7:59 am #7024223

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Ben,

Thank you for the feedback. The issue is escalated to our second-tier team for further debugging. We will get back to you as early as possible. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 17, 2020 at 7:01 am #7033199

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Ben,

Our development team is still working on this issue. But we have a workaround for this bug. Please try the following steps after a full site backup and check the is existing or not.

1) Go to *wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/url-handling/* folder
2) Open *class-wpml-home-url-filter-context.php* file for edit
3) Scroll down to line 33
4) Make the following modification in the code and save the changes

From

public function should_not_filter() {
		return $this->is_rest_request()
			|| $this->rewriting_rules()
			|| $this->pagination_link();
}

To

public function should_not_filter() {
		return $this->is_rest_request()
			|| $this->rewriting_rules()
			|| $this->pagination_link()
			|| wp_doing_cron();
}

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 17, 2020 at 4:39 pm #7039123

Ben

Hi Bigul,

Thanks. I just noticed one of those emails was sent from dev2.bentrix.se. Can you see it in the maillog?

BR,
Ben

September 18, 2020 at 7:15 am #7043135

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Ben,

Thank you for the updates. I have upgraded the iThemes Security Pro to the latest version and made the same code change in the staging site now. Hope the code change will help us to avoid this bug. Please do the code change in the live after a full site backup.

Our compatibility team has contacted the iThemes Security Pro author about this workaround.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.