This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 6.75 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 9 risposte, has 2 voci.

Last updated by mircom 5 mesi fa.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Autore Post
May 14, 2019 at 7:42 am

mircom

Good morning
I have a problem with the menu.
When I click on the English version the menu remains in Italian version (1img) .
When I click the second time, I hear the English version (2img).
I have synced it wrong, or it is another problem.
Thank you
Mirco Manzon

May 14, 2019 at 7:52 am #3804513

Noman
Supporter

Languages: Inglese (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. To take a closer look on this issue, please provide temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP Login info) to your site (preferably staging site), so that I can look into your setup and debug the issue.

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

=== Please backup your database and website ===

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

Thank you

May 14, 2019 at 8:07 am
May 14, 2019 at 10:29 am #3805919

Noman
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for login details.

- I have logged in to your site and checked theme/plugin conflict in your site. The issue is gone when I deactivated MINIMUM theme and activated wp default theme e.g. twentysixteen.

- I have enabled error reporting in your site by adding below code in wp-config.php file of you site:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

// Disable display of errors and warnings 
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
@ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

// Use dev versions of core JS and CSS files (only needed if you are modifying these core files)
define( 'SCRIPT_DEBUG', true );

After adding the above code I examined debug.log file from wp-content directory and there were below errors that are coming from your theme.

[14-May-2019 09:23:15 UTC] PHP Deprecated:  Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/naonishh/public_html/wp-content/themes/minimum/widgets/relate_posts_widget.php on line 86
[14-May-2019 09:23:15 UTC] PHP Deprecated:  Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; Qode_Theme_Options has a deprecated constructor in /home/naonishh/public_html/wp-content/themes/minimum/includes/qode-options.php on line 12
[14-May-2019 09:23:16 UTC] PHP Deprecated:  The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in /home/naonishh/public_html/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/core/class-vc-mapper.php on line 111
[14-May-2019 09:23:17 UTC] PHP Deprecated:  Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/naonishh/public_html/wp-content/themes/minimum/widgets/relate_posts_widget.php on line 86

- I couldn’t find MINIMUM theme in our verified compatibility theme list:
https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/

- I have noticed that you are using an older version ( 2.3.1 ) of MINIMUM theme and latest version of MINIMUM theme is 4.0.2, please update the theme and see if this resolves your issue.
hidden link

- If still issue persists, I recommend you to please ask MINIMUM theme author so they can advise you on latest compatibility of their theme and WPML, may be they have a fix for it, so it should work fine with wpml.

Thank you

May 15, 2019 at 7:44 am #3813247

mircom

thank you,
I deleted the twentysixteen template
Then I will try to update the minimum template.

how can I correct in the meantime
hidden link eliminating "/"

Mirco

May 15, 2019 at 8:15 am #3813523

Noman
Supporter

Hi,

As a workaround, I have installed ‘Custom CSS & JS’ plugin and added this code:

jQuery(document).ready(function( $ ){
    jQuery('.wpml-ls-item a').on('click',function(event){
		event.preventDefault();
		var lang = jQuery('.wpml-ls-item a').attr('href');
		window.location.href = lang;
	});
});

In your site and now issue is gone. Could you please check and confirm?

Thank you

May 15, 2019 at 8:47 am #3813775

mircom

thank you,
I deleted the twentysixteen template
Then I will try to update the minimum template.

how can I correct in the meantime
hidden link eliminating "/"

Mirco

almost....
when I click in the English version, everything is fine.
When I try to return to the Italian version, it doesn't work.
we are almost there

May 15, 2019 at 9:16 am #3814189

Noman
Supporter

Hi,

I have updated the code and now it should be fine for all languages. Could you please try now and let me know how it goes?

Thank you

May 15, 2019 at 10:04 am #3814727
mircom

Last little problem:
I no longer see the contents of the footer slider, and the left and right footer.

I can still put them in both languages.

Thanks again

I nuovi thread creati da Noman e collegati a questo sono elencati di seguito:

https://wpml.org/it/forums/topic/footer-slider/

May 15, 2019 at 10:19 am #3814859

Noman
Supporter

Hi,

Glad to see your language redirection issue is resolved. To handle new question/issue, I have created a new tickets since this is a separate issue. Here is the link to the new ticket: https://wpml.org/it/forums/topic/footer-slider/

You may mark this ticket as resolved and we will continue to work on the new ticket.

Thank you for your cooperation and patience.

May 20, 2019 at 1:37 pm #3847385

mircom

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!