This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Nessun supporter è disponibile a lavorare oggi sul forum Italian. Sentitevi liberi di creare ticket e li gestiremo il prima possibile quando saremo online. Grazie per la comprensione.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Is it possible to change text in language switcher. We only want to show IT and EN.

Solution: You can achieve it by doing below steps: - Go to WPML >> Languages >> Edit Languages. - Add EN / IT in Translation text boxes as in the attached screenshot. - Then Edit language switcher by pressing the pencil icon from WPML >> Languages >> Menu language switcher and select similar options as in the attached screenshot.

https://cdn.wpml.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/4122795-language_codes.jpg?x34514

https://cdn.wpml.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/4122795-list_of_languages_option.jpg?x34514

Etichettato: 

This topic contains 2 risposte, has 2 voci.

Last updated by giovanniP-30 3 mesi, 2 settimane fa.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Autore Post
July 1, 2019 at 5:52 pm #4121505

giovanniP-30

è possibile modificare cosa inserire nel selettore della lingua? non vorremmo visualizzare l'intero nome della lingua ma semplicemente IT e EN.

grazie del supporto

July 2, 2019 at 2:00 am #4122795

Noman
Supporter

Languages: Inglese (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I am going to answer this in English, I hope that is ok, if you still need help in Italian please let me know.

You can achieve it by doing below steps:
- Go to WPML >> Languages >> Edit Languages.
- Add EN / IT in Translation text boxes as in the attached screenshot.
- Then Edit language switcher by pressing the pencil icon from WPML >> Languages >> Menu language switcher and select similar options as in the attached screenshot.

Please let me know if this resolves your issue or you need further assistance with this issue.

Thank you

July 2, 2019 at 9:06 am #4125157

giovanniP-30

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!