This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Etichettato: 

This topic contains 5 risposte, has 2 voci.

Last updated by Diego Pereira 9 mesi, 3 settimane fa.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Autore Post
February 14, 2019 at 8:30 am

David

Hi,
we are the authors of one of your certified themes and we are also your affiliate.

1) The problem we are facing is that sometime the file wpml-config.xml doesn't work. I mean that on here and there some user's installations don't see this file, while in hundreds of cases it works as it should.

Definitely this is not a theme issue and we would like to understand what can cause this issue since it seems completely random.

2) In other cases only a few strings are available and also in this cases is completely random.

Can you please help? Otherwise we need to redirect all the assistances to your support but it seems stressing for users.

Of all the strings only 4 are read: hidden link

In some cases some strings are duplicated: hidden link

This is the WPML Config: hidden link

I also added access of an installation where only few string are available (problem 2) but we need to understand what makes the strings completely not available (problem 1). All public tickets reporting this type of issue are solved and closed without any information.

Thank you!
David

February 14, 2019 at 2:30 pm #3200268

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: Inglese (English ) Spagnolo (Español ) Portoghese, Brasile (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello @david, welcome to the WPML support Forum!

Do both problems occur in this installation that you have provided us? Can we use it to do some tests?

It may also be related to server settings. or if you are using a remote file, it may be related to the server blocking the comunication.

A quick workaround in these cases is to copy the content of the wpml-config.xml file then paste it to WPML > Settings > Custom XML Configuration. The XML content should be loaded after that.

Regarding the strings missing issue, sometimes you need to go to WPML > Theme and plugin localization > Strings in the theme then scan the theme. Does the issue still occurs after that?

All the best,
Diego

February 14, 2019 at 3:04 pm #3200491

David

Hello Diego and thank you. Both problems happen in various installations all running our theme, but the strange thing is that other installations seem to work fine... well, there isn't a unique scenario, that's the problem, so it is hard to provide support to the clients.

You told about server settings. What server settings can cause this issue? And, to answer your questions, we don't use any remote file and scanning the theme doesn't solve the issue. Please consider that we have literally thousands of installations and the behaviour of this particular feature is often very different from one another.

Thank you in advance. Best

February 15, 2019 at 3:48 pm #3205759

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: Inglese (English ) Spagnolo (Español ) Portoghese, Brasile (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello David,

These issues are related to the Uncode theme, correct? I'm checking with our compatibility team if there is any know issue related. I will send you a feedback soon.

Kind regards,
Diego

February 15, 2019 at 3:58 pm #3205800

David

Hi Diego,
this is something that works for 99% of Uncode users and fails for a few users only, probably related to String Translator and some servers setup.

Also this forum is fully of similar tickets not related to Uncode (ex: hidden link ).

Feel free to do everything you need.

Best,

February 15, 2019 at 4:28 pm #3205936

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: Inglese (English ) Spagnolo (Español ) Portoghese, Brasile (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello David,

The Uncode theme was set as override_local="true" at our config items, which means that WPML tries to load the file from our remote repository before the local one.

We've removed it and now it should load the local XML file instead of the remote: hidden link

Please make sure to include both XML files on the theme and plugin folder (uncode and uncode-js_composer).

Kind regards,
Diego