Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dražen Duvnjak 1 year, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Dražen Duvnjak.

Author Posts
June 6, 2022 at 9:14 am #11393977

waseemB

What does <trans-unit extradata="Title" resname="media_10400_title" restype="string" datatype="html" id="media_10400_title"> imply when we send data to translation service?
Can the translation providers skip this?

Screenshot_1.png
June 6, 2022 at 9:32 am #11394145

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello!

Welcome to WPML Support. I'll do my best to help you solve this issue.

The mentioned part represents "media_10400", I suspect an image media file, and its image title and caption, that was sent for translation.

WordPress makes a copy of the image captions and title texts when you insert images into the content. You should translate these texts when you translate the rest of your page, it is expected from user and SEO perspective, that all text on the translated page is translated and in the correct language.

I hope I was helpful. Don't hesitate to ask if you find any problem along the way, I'll gladly help you.

Regards,
Drazen

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.