This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 3.31 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Etichettato: 

This topic contains 9 risposte, has 2 voci.

Last updated by Diego Pereira 1 mese fa.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Autore Post
August 14, 2019 at 2:38 pm #4396113

rossellaO

Hi Diego, in the meantime I solved the problem by myself, but now I have a new one: I cannot link the translated menu correctly. The current language of my website is italian, I already translate it in english, but all the voices of main menu bring me to italian version of the site, despite I created a main menu in english with customized links that supposed to take to various parts of my homepage (like it is a one page website).
Moreover I don't know where to translate footer area olny for the english part of the website.
[content removed by admin]

August 14, 2019 at 2:45 pm #4396189

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: Inglese (English ) Spagnolo (Español ) Portoghese, Brasile (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello @rossellao,

Probably you need to translate the menu. Please take a look at this documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-menus/

Regarding the footer area, please check this documentation about string translation: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/

Please let me know if it works for you.

Kind regards,
Diego

August 14, 2019 at 3:18 pm #4396309

rossellaO

It doesn't work, I already translated the menu, and managed like a normal menu on my homepage copy, where I translated everything. My problem isn't to translate the menu, but to link the voices of the menu, that always bring me again on italian version of the site.

August 14, 2019 at 4:48 pm #4396709

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: Inglese (English ) Spagnolo (Español ) Portoghese, Brasile (Português )

Hi there,

Please check if the page is already translated to the secondary language. Please go to Pages > All Pages and check if there is a "+" ison on the row of the page. If so, it means that the page is not translated yet. Please take a look at this doc for more details: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/#translating-without-wpmls-translation-management

If the page is already translated but the issue persist, please let me know. I will send you some instructions to copy the website at our test server, so we can run some tests.

Kind regards,
Diego

August 15, 2019 at 9:27 am #4399915

rossellaO

As I already said, all I need to translate in my website is translated, also main menu. I don't know how to link correctly the voices of main menu, as they bring always to italian version, which is the current language, instead of the english page, although it is translated. I created the english menu manually and customized links, but they doesn't work.

August 15, 2019 at 12:19 pm #4400749

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hi there,

I sent some instructions to replicate the website through a private message (previous answer).

Please let me know if it worked for you. If so, please send us clear instructions on how to see/reproduce the issue.

Kind regards,
Diego

August 16, 2019 at 6:53 am #4404935

rossellaO

Hi Diego, sorry for the delay, here in Italy yesterday was holyday. I just followed your instructions and migrate my website. Let me know what I have to do now. How long will it take?

August 16, 2019 at 7:02 am #4405017

rossellaO

Did I have to disactivate maintenance mode???

August 16, 2019 at 10:37 am #4405839

rossellaO

In the meantime I found and solved the problem. Now links works correctly.

August 16, 2019 at 1:13 pm #4406553

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hi there, no need to disactivate maintenance mode.

I'm glad to hear that the issue is solved 🙂

Please contact us if you need our help in the future with WPML. We will be more than happy to help.

Kind regards,
Diego