This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 7.00 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 4 risposte, has 2 voci.

Last updated by Alejandro 4 settimane fa.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Autore Post
June 3, 2020 at 4:32 pm #6285703

andreaP-31

Attempt to publish a post: it doubles (see image18.22). but I have to translate it yet (see image 18.24). Set translation to none (see image 18.26)
Save post and all is good (see image 18.29)

Saving the post the very first time is extremely slow

I'm at your disposal for every information you need, even on phone or videocall

Thank you

Raffaella

June 3, 2020 at 5:50 pm #6286445

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: Inglese (English ) Spagnolo (Español ) Italiano (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Ciao!

Da quello che ho capito quando provi a tradurre una pagina, questa si duplica nella stessa lingua, giusto?

1) Se è questo il problema, ti chiedo gentilmente di cambiare temporaneamente il tema a TwentyTwenty e disabilitare tutti i plugin tranne WPML.

2) Poi prova a vedere se rifacendo la stessa procedura di prima, il problema si crea di nuovo (quindi provando a tradurre un altro post, questo viene duplicato ancora)

3) Se questo non succede, attiva piano piano i plugin e controlla ad ogni attivazione di plugin se il problema compare

4) Cambia il tema e prova di nuovo.

Quasi sempre questo succede quando esiste qualche configurazione a livello di codice di ACF in un tema che magari non è compatibile con WPML.

Provaci e fammi sapere come va.

June 3, 2020 at 6:57 pm #6286679

andreaP-31

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

June 4, 2020 at 5:36 am #6289445

andreaP-31

Hello there. There's one thing not clear though. This issue is due to the theme (RT-Theme 18 2.1), that we use since a long time as well as WPML and we did never have such a problem.
The plugins are the same.
The issue raised with WPML version 4.3.13 (our previous was 4.3.10).
With 4.3.10 we had no problems at all, but reinstalling it gave no solution.

I just found that WPML reports this warning “REST API is disabled, blocking some features of WPML” and I checked as reported here https://wpml.org/errata/rest-api-is-disabled-blocking-some-features-of-wpml-notice-and-performance-issues/

Everything's ok though, REST API is not disabled.

I'm here at your disposal.
Thank you.

June 4, 2020 at 7:29 am #6290337

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: Inglese (English ) Spagnolo (Español ) Italiano (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Ok, then the problem is most likely a compatibility issue.

To effectively help with that i ask you to please follow these steps:

1) Install the theme here: hidden link and activate WPML as you have it on your site.

2) Try to replicate the problem in the sandbox as you did on your site.

3) If the problem is recreated, then please let me know every step needed in order to recreate the problem, because it will be needed for us to be able to understand where the problem is coming from.

If re-installing back version 4.3.10 of WPML didn't make a change, then the problem is most likely being caused by an update of the theme and/or some other plugin besides WPML.

I see that the last theme update was on late march this year and version 4.3.10 was released earlier than that, so the problem should've started earlier. if it didn't then it's maybe because there's something else at play.

We will probably discover this with these 3 steps mentioned above.

Regards.

The topic ‘[Closed] system does not recognize language, I must set it manually’ is closed to new replies.