This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Etichettato: 

This topic contains 12 risposte, has 4 voci.

Last updated by Laura 1 mese, 2 settimane fa.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Autore Post
August 28, 2019 at 8:27 am #4472041

Filippo Del Ferraro

I would like to translate the copyright string into the footer
the website is identifacturer.com, I tried to see it already in the forums but I can't find any string that allows me to translate that wording.

August 28, 2019 at 10:07 am #4473035

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: Inglese (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

did you hardcode the copyright string in the footer or was it added through your theme options ?

if so please go to WPML->String Translation->Translate texts in admin screens » find the string and add to String Translation for translation

NOTE : a trick to locate the string quickly is to right click and view the page source once in the admin screens then search (ctrl+F / cmd + F) for the specific string , once you find it in the source you should be able to see which domain its located under

let me know your results please

August 28, 2019 at 12:56 pm #4474331

Filippo Del Ferraro

I found a string called Copyright, I translated it but when I go to see if the text has been translated it remains in the original language, the field I added in the theme settings

August 28, 2019 at 1:17 pm #4474521

Bobby
Supporter

The string should be your actual string within the page

© 2018 Identifacturer. All rights reserved

were you able to find it within the admin screens ?

if you would like i can take a look at the backend to help you locate it

August 28, 2019 at 10:59 pm #4477003

Bobby
Supporter

Thank you for the access details !

if possible please provide me with admin access as at the moment i am not able to access WPML String Translation

August 30, 2019 at 8:57 am #4485417

Filippo Del Ferraro

I'm sorry, I didn't really think that I had created a subscriber account, I just changed your permissions. Thanks again

August 30, 2019 at 2:24 pm #4487713

Lauren
Supporter

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Hi there, Bobby is off for a few days so I'm stepping in to help out. I hope that is okay.

I found the copyright string in the admin texts under the vpt_options group. I have added it to the string translation table, and you can see it there now available for translation.

What strings on the Get In Touch page are you having trouble finding? The phone, email, etc fields are in this same vpt_options group in the admin texts. To find it, go to WPML -> String Translation and at the bottom of the page click "Translate strings in admin texts" and then expand the vpt_options group.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.

September 2, 2019 at 8:18 am #4495199

Filippo Del Ferraro

Hello, thank you for your assistance, for now I managed to translate only the copyright, if in the "string translation" filter for vpt_options I find only a string only that of copyright, in addition to the Get in Touch part I would translate the address which is in the footer also that I can't find the string.

I thank you for your patience and for the time you are dedicating to me

September 3, 2019 at 10:06 am #4503333

Laura
Supporter

Languages: Inglese (English ) Italiano (Italiano ) Portoghese, Brasile (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Lauren is on vacation so I'll follow this ticket.

I don't know why you didn't find the string as it was like the other in vpt_option.
I registered it in WPML > Settings > Custom XML configuration and now you can find in Strin Translation.

Let me know if this helps you or if you need further assistance.

September 3, 2019 at 10:13 am #4503389
Filippo Del Ferraro

Thank you very much, now I found it, not if your colleague had told you but I needed to find the address part in the get-in-touch page, could you help me?

I nuovi thread creati da Laura e collegati a questo sono elencati di seguito:

https://wpml.org/it/forums/topic/translating-vc-module/

September 3, 2019 at 11:54 am #4504119

Laura
Supporter

Languages: Inglese (English ) Italiano (Italiano ) Portoghese, Brasile (Português )

Hi,

since this is a different problem I split the topic, I'll mark this one as resolved.

September 3, 2019 at 1:06 pm #4504627

Filippo Del Ferraro

Hi, sorry I didn't understand, so I have to open another ticket?

September 3, 2019 at 1:08 pm #4504633

Laura
Supporter

Ho aperto io un altro ticket.