This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.89 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Etichettato: 

This topic contains 8 risposte, has 2 voci.

Last updated by albertoP-18 1 anno, 1 mese fa.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Autore Post
January 7, 2019 at 1:29 pm #3062883

albertoP-18

Salve,

non riesco a far uscire la guida taglie nei prodotti in lingua inglese.

Spero in un felice aiuto.

January 8, 2019 at 6:12 am #3065503

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: Inglese (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

at the moment our Italian Supporters are offline , if it is ok with you we can continue support in English or if you prefer i can assign this ticket to one of our Italian supporters when they are back online.

I have reviewed the front end html in English and can verify that the html for the sizing guide is missing

<a class="open-popup-link button_sg" href="#ct_size_guide-9" style="float: left; margin-top: 10px; ">Vuoi un preventivo personalizzato ?</a>

how do you currently add this sizing guide to the front end ?

if it is added through a page builder please verify that it is added to the translation as well by reviewing the page builder elements of the translation

when using the WPML Translation Editor you can do this by accessing the default language edit page then use the language switcher at the top header to switch to the English language

January 8, 2019 at 1:42 pm #3067164

albertoP-18

Hello,

I saw that if I report the number 9 in the translation it is displayed.

how can I add it to already translated products?

they are so many products manually it is very inconvenient.

Thanks you

January 8, 2019 at 5:43 pm #3068388

Bobby
Supporter

Hello,

you might be able to go to WPML->Settings-> scroll down and look for the custom field , if you do find it then you can set it to "Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language " otherwise you will need to manually translate as with the rest of the translations.

let me know your results

January 8, 2019 at 10:15 pm #3069049

albertoP-18

Hello,

I translated the sizes page. But it is not displayed translated.

Thanks you

January 9, 2019 at 12:18 am #3069215

Bobby
Supporter

Hello,

you mentioned "I saw that if I report the number 9 in the translation it is displayed."

were you able to showcase the sizing guide this way ?

if possible i would like to take a closer look

**Before we proceed I recommend to please take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website.**
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

January 9, 2019 at 2:40 pm #3072245

albertoP-18

Hello,

I understood where the problem lies.

I have to replace 9 with 57851.

so it will refer to the translated product guide.

How can I replace it in all the products automatically?

January 9, 2019 at 8:23 pm #3073645

Bobby
Supporter

The only way i can think of doing this automatically would be if you are able to locate the "9" as a string within String Translation and translating it into the "57851"

but this is not guaranteed that the string translation is going to have picked it up

if you cannot locate it within String Translation the only other way is to do it manually as that is the expected behavior with the translation

February 8, 2019 at 1:15 pm #3175242

albertoP-18

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!