Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mohamed Sayed 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Mohamed Sayed.

Author Posts
March 22, 2023 at 9:45 am #13302681

mariuszZ-3

Hi. Im new with this plugin. Actually im using it first time. I figured out by method trials and errors how work with this plugin but i have also some questions.

When i alredy translated some page, like on screenshot, and then i will update original english content, then translation of this content desapear after modification of original page. How to keep translation even oiginal is modificated? This is very important for me, because when im modificated some part of original i would like to also have possibility modificate this small part of translation version, without writing whole text from the begining.

This is possible?

after modification original.png
after modification original.png
translation before modification original.png
March 22, 2023 at 4:00 pm #13307061

Mohamed Sayed

Hi there,
Thanks for contacting WPML support, I will be glad to help you.

This is expected behavior with the advanced translation editor when the original segment has been altered too much for the translation memory to apply a saved translation. This means that it's considered a new segment that needs to be translated.

Please check here for more details: https://wpml.org/faq/why-arent-my-translations-showing/#why-does-my-translation-disappear-from-the-advanced-translation-editor-when-i-update-my-default-content

Regards,
Mohamed

March 23, 2023 at 9:12 am #13312773

mariuszZ-3

Ok, I understand.

Thank you Mohamed

March 24, 2023 at 12:06 pm #13323079

Mohamed Sayed

You're most welcome!

Please feel free to contact us again if you have any further questions or issues, we will be always happy to help.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.