Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The text for alternative languages for posts is not displaying correctly.

Solution:

The issue can be resolved by performing the following steps:

1. Navigate to WPML >> Languages > Links to translation of posts.
2. Click on the Pencil icon to Edit the language switcher.
3. Ensure to add the desired text in the “Text for alternative languages for posts:” input box in the English language and press the Save button.
4. Go to WPML >> String Translation page and search for the added text. Confirm the correct English language is assigned and the translation is accurate.

If the wrong language is assigned to the string from the WPML >> String Translation page, then please assign the correct language by following the provided documentation.

Relevant Documentation:

To change the source language of strings, refer to this WPML documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/how-to-change-the-source-language-of-strings/

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Javier 10 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Ahmed Mohammed.

Author Posts
June 17, 2023 at 3:37 pm #13844015

Javier

Hello,

If you visit the English version of this page:
hidden link

When scrolling downwards, the standard text "this content is also available in:" appears in French instead of English: hidden link

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Javier Petrement

June 18, 2023 at 12:50 pm #13845691

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

Before your ticket is assigned to one of my colleagues, please allow me to walk you through some initial debugging steps. This will help speed up the support process.

Could you please try the below steps and let us know it goes:

1. Please go to WPML >> Languages > Links to translation of posts.

2. Click on the Pencil icon to Edit the language switcher.

3. Please make sure to add the text in the “Text for alternative languages for posts:” input box in the English language and press the Save button.

4. Please go to WPML >> String Translation page and search for that text and make sure the correct English language is assigned and it’s translated correctly.

If the wrong language is assigned to that string from WPML >> String Translation page then please assign the correct language by following this doc:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/how-to-change-the-source-language-of-strings/

Please let me know if this resolves your issue or if you need further assistance with this issue

Thank you

June 21, 2023 at 12:12 pm #13867903

Javier

Hello, thanks for your suggestions,
I followed instructions,
WPML >> Languages > Links to translation of posts
Found the text, all seemed ok but could not find it in string translation so I saved it here once with a letter missing and then saved it again with the letter included

So then I was able to find it in the string translation and found that the satus of translation on the string translation had an exclamation point rather than a pencil..
I corrected that and now the status of translations has a pencil.

However, when visiting the product page, I can no longer see that text (this content is also available) in any language?
I went back to languages and noticed that one of these two boxes was unchecked:
hidden link

I checked it and now it seems to be working fine!

Thanks!

June 21, 2023 at 6:16 pm #13870847

Ahmed Mohammed
Supporter

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

Hi Javier,

Do I understand that the issue is resolved now?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.