This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.69 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Etichettato: 

This topic contains 3 risposte, has 2 voci.

Last updated by Radu 4 mesi, 2 settimane fa.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Autore Post
June 14, 2019 at 9:13 am #4019821

fabioA-21

Hi guys, a question, I will try to explain the better I can.
I have a site in two languages (Italian, which is the main language and english).
I've made "structural" changes in the Italian page, adding/removing section (I'm using Elementor).
I have some doubt now how to change the related english page: if I click on the gear icon "edit the translation in english", i can only modify the texts of the page, but I cannot see the new sections.

This is what in not really clear to me: do I have to repeat all the changes I've made on the italian page in the english one?

Which is the correct workflow when i want to change the structure and the translation of an existing page?

Thank you very much

June 14, 2019 at 12:00 pm #4021179

Radu
Supporter

Languages: Inglese (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hey Fabio,

You did a great job explaining the change you want to do!

Now, in order to be able to translate the new elements added to the page, you need to make sure that the existing content is fully translated. Now, just simply edit the translation, make sure that everything is translated, and save the changes. Now, make just a small change to the default language (like adding one point to the end of a paragraph), save the changes, and try again to edit the translation. Can you tell me if the new elements appear now, please?

Thanks,
Radu

July 6, 2019 at 2:27 pm #4156007

fabioA-21

Hi Radu, thank you very much for your reply.
I will try do what you suggested as soon as I'll get back from holiday and I will let you know.
thank you very much

fabio

July 8, 2019 at 12:19 pm #4162259

Radu
Supporter

Languages: Inglese (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hey Fabio,

No worries. Enjoy your holiday and give me a message back once you're back to the computer and tried to do the change I suggested.

Regards,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] updating pages’ is closed to new replies.