Skip Navigation

Questo è il forum di assistenza tecnica di WPML, il plug-in multilingue di WordPress.

Tutti possono leggerlo, ma solo i clienti di WPML possono pubblicare qui. Il team di WPML risponde sul forum 6 giorni su 7, 22 ore su 24.

Etichettato: 

This topic contains 4 risposte, has 2 voci.

Last updated by Raja Mohammed 1 anno, 4 mesi fa.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Autore Post
April 7, 2019 at 9:56 pm #3553063

francescoL-19

Hello,

as you can see, in my website, my Siteground hosting Support has changed, today, this variable:

max_input_vars = 10000;

hidden link

But, I don't know why, WPML reads only:

max_input_vars = 3000

hidden link

I've clean the Sitegound cache, the WPML cache. Nothing!

So, I'm not able to translate the stings, because I have this same problem as this guy here

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/cant-add-string-for-translation-from-admin-strings/

As you can see, my steps are correct, but... I'm not able to see this string...

hidden link

If you want, I can give you the admin access.

Can you help me? Please!!!
It all day that I'm triyng to solve this problem!
so waste of time...

Thank you

April 8, 2019 at 1:02 am #3553185

francescoL-19

Ok, this is what Siteground support told me:

[...]Based on my checks the PHP variables are correctly set on a server level via PHP.ini file and they are taking effect, however, for some reason the WPML plugin refuses to accept them.

I hope the WPML support team will be able to provide you with more information and hopefully a solution regarding this issue.[...]

But, I've found something strange. I mad a Duplicator file and installed it on my WAMP configuration locally. I WAMP, I've set:

max_input_vars = 100000;

Now, look at WPML... it's able to recognize this value!!!

hidden link

How can be possible? Do you have some idea?

thank you!

Francesco
---------------------

April 8, 2019 at 2:05 am #3553209

francescoL-19

Ok,, another weird, smallstep....

I really hope it will help you to solve my problem because i don't understand if it's WPML or Siteground fault.

#.1 inside cPanel, if I set the php 5.3 on the root of my website: WPML tell me: max_input_vars = 3000, even if the phpinfo() tell me max_input_vars Local Value 10000 Master Value10000

#2. inside cPanel,if I set the php 7.1, I'm not able to see my front-end website, but I'm able to work inside my dashboard, and the phpinfo() tell me max_input_vars Local Value 10000 Master Value10000

#3. inside cPanel, if I change php 7.3 I'm able to see the website and WPML tell me: max_input_vars = 1000, even if the phpinfo() tell me max_input_vars Local Value 10000 Master Value10000

(see the next picture)
hidden link

Why does phpinfo() tell me always max_input_vars 10000? Because the Siteground support created a php.ini file in the root of my ftp with this value.
If I change the php.ini file in the ftp like, for exemple:

max_input_vars = 10000; -> max_input_vars = 20000;

phpinfo() tell me max_input_vars Local Value 10000 Master Value10000

but WPML Assistence = 3000...

HOW CAN BE POSSIBLE???

Unfortunately, I'm very newbie and I don't know nothing about server configuration, php etc... I'm a writer and I'm simple building my website. an dit's so difficult with all these problems...

April 8, 2019 at 3:11 am #3553749

francescoL-19

Ok.. after one night without to sleep...
the solution was "Simple". In the Siteground cPanel...

cPanel -> PHP Variables Manager and ticking the checkbox with the option to apply all changes to all sub-folders

so simple... -_- ... This time Siteground support has been so-so...

April 8, 2019 at 4:14 am #3553989

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: Inglese (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there,

Kindly apologize for the delay our weekend coverage is limited.

It seems you have already found the solution to your issue. let me know if you need further assistance.

Thank you very much for keeping us posted with your finding.

Kind regards
Raja