Skip Navigation

Este es el foro de soporte técnico de WPML, el plugin multilingüe de WordPress.

Todas las personas pueden leerlo pero solo los clientes de WPML pueden ingresar comentarios. El equipo de WPML responde en los foros 6 días a la semana, 22 horas por día.

Hoy no hay asistentes de soporte disponibles en el foro Spanish. Siéntase libre de enviar sus tiques y les daremos trámite tan pronto como estemos disponibles en línea. Gracias por su comprensión.

This topic contains 5 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by Mateus Getulio hace 1 año, 9 meses.

Assisted by: Mateus Getulio.

Autor Entradas
junio 18, 2022 a las 8:40 am #11489527

asessoriaF

Hi,
I've tried to update my site, but WP says:
Howdy!

Since WordPress 5.2 there is a built-in feature that detects when a plugin or theme causes a fatal error on your site, and notifies you with this automated email.

In this case, WordPress caught an error with one of your plugins, WPML Multilingual CMS.

First, visit your website (hidden link) and check for any visible issues. Next, visit the page where the error was caught (hidden link) and check for any visible issues.

Please contact your host for assistance with investigating this issue further.

If your site appears broken and you can't access your dashboard normally, WordPress now has a special "recovery mode". This lets you safely login to your dashboard and investigate further.

hidden link

To keep your site safe, this link will expire in 1 day. Don't worry about that, though: a new link will be emailed to you if the error occurs again after it expires.

When seeking help with this issue, you may be asked for some of the following information:
WordPress version 6.0
Active theme: Houzez Child (version 1.0)
Current plugin: WPML Multilingual CMS (version 4.5.8)
PHP version 7.4.29

Error Details
=============
An error of type E_COMPILE_ERROR was caused in line 331 of the file /home/farreras/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/functions-load-tm.php. Error message: require_once(): Failed opening required 'WPML_TM_PATH/menu/dashboard/wpml-tm-dashboard-ajax.class.php' (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php74/usr/share/pear')

can you asist, please?
Thank you
Jordi

junio 20, 2022 a las 3:37 pm #11501377

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English ) Portugués, Brasil (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

The error message means that the update is incomplete or that some of you WPML plugin files have been corrupted somehow during the update. To solve it:

- Please delete your "sitepress-multilingual-cms" folder from yoursite/wp-content/plugins/ manually via FTP/cPanel
- Download a fresh copy from https://wpml.org/account/downloads/
- Install and activate.

These steps should solve the issue. Please give it a try and let me know the results.

Regards,
Mateus.

junio 20, 2022 a las 4:07 pm #11501611

asessoriaF

Hi Mateus, thanks
but ... how do I "install & activate"?

junio 20, 2022 a las 8:14 pm #11502627

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Hey there,

Thanks for your reply.

By going to your WP Dashboard -> Plugins -> Add New, and clicking on the button 'Upload Plugin'. Then, you should be able to select the file on your computer, install and activate it.

Please let me know if you're stuck on this process. Looking forward to your reply, thanks!

Best,
Mateus.

junio 23, 2022 a las 7:38 am #11526601

asessoriaF

Thank you Mateus, I just wondered if (as I deleted a file) I had to upload via ftp or something
I have done it and it works. But there is an issue thar occurs ferquently. When I update WPML, some strings that have been translated, dissapear and I have to translate again. This has happened this time also. It's a recurrent issue when >I update.
Thanks
Jordi

junio 23, 2022 a las 7:46 pm #11533219

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Hello Jordi,

Thanks for your reply.

This behavior indicates a known issue, whose solution generally is regenerating mo files. Please try the following:

- Before proceeding with the next steps, backup your website
- Go to WPML -> Languages, Click on "Add/Remove Languages" then click on "Save"
- Now please go to WPML -> Theme and plugin localization
- Check the "Automatically load the theme's .mo file using 'load_textdomain'" box
- Add the textdomain of the string that you are trying to translate to "Enter textdomain" field then save
- Scroll down and scan the theme/plugin
- Go to WPML -> String Translator and check if the string is already translated
- Go to WPML -> Support -> Troubleshooting
- Click on "Show custom MO Files Pre-generation dialog box"
- Refresh the page (It should display the MO files dialog box)
- Regenerate the MO Files

Please let us know if it works well for you.

Kind regards,
Mateus

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.