This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.39 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Etichettato: 

This topic contains 3 risposte, has 2 voci.

Last updated by Bruno 2 mesi, 4 settimane fa.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Autore Post
July 16, 2019 at 3:30 pm #4221823

Gianluca Destro

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Hi, sidebar blog widget display both lang (Ita/De), but I would like to see post in sidebar in relative lang. I have found an old article (2014) in wpml documentation that suggest WPML Widget as a solution. the problem is that is not updated since 3 years ago.
Any alternative?
Thank you
Is there any documentation that you are following?
https://wpml.org/it/2014/08/display-different-widgets-per-language-wpml-widgets/

Is there a similar example that we can see?
hidden link

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

July 16, 2019 at 6:35 pm #4223257

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: Inglese (English ) Portoghese, Brasile (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us. The WPML has incorporated this function into newer versions. You can see our updated documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-widgets/displaying-different-widgets-for-different-languages/

Basically, it works the same way, but without installing any plugins.

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have about it. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.

July 17, 2019 at 8:29 am #4227427

Gianluca Destro

Didn't work, that's why I was asking for WPML Widgat ( see attachment)

July 17, 2019 at 4:29 pm #4232189

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: Inglese (English ) Portoghese, Brasile (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

In this case, we will need to check why this is not working. Probably the same problem should happen with the WPML Widgets plugin.

Please as a test, could you disable all non-WPML plugins, switch to the default theme and see if the problem persists - you may need to configure the widget again?

If the problem is fixed, please, enable the plugins one by one to see if there is any compatibility problem between these plugins.

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] WPML Widgets or an alternative’ is closed to new replies.