Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 1 year, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Andreas W..

Author Posts
June 16, 2022 at 9:42 am #11475017

elizabethU-2

I have received 60 files translated from agency. When I tried to upload the ZIP it just flashed the screen and nothing happened.

I then uploaded each file 1 by 1 and it said 'successful'. After editing any of the 'completed' translations it loads me into the Translation editor and none of the translations are there.

I went back to the Translations queue to find that the page has now been given a new job number and is sitting there ready for translation.

1. Why is this happening?
2. Now the job number has changed, will this be hard work for the agency to re-process?

June 16, 2022 at 11:11 pm #11480607

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

I am sorry about the inconvenience.

First, take note that the upload of XLIFF files by default only allows the upload of one file at once.

Then please take note, that due to the design of the Advanced Translation Editor, the XLIFF imports do not show up on it.

Anyhow, if it would be really necessary for you to edit those translations, then you would need to use the Classic Translation Editor, as this should show the imported content.

Further, when uploading XLIFFs then you should upload them while the job is in progress, as the XLIFF includes the job ID inside the header.

Once you edit the original content the job ID changes.

Once you upload the XLIFF the job ID also would change, as the job is completed.

So you would need to create a new job and then manually adjust the job ID inside the XLIFF file's header, in order to be able to import the file again.

Please let me know if you need assistance with that.

Best regards
Andreas

The topic ‘[Closed] XLIFF Files’ is closed to new replies.