Salta la navigazione

Sanctuary Onze Lieve Vrouw ter Nood

The Sanctuary of Onze Lieve Vrouw ter Nood in Heiloo is the largest Marian place of pilgrimage in the Netherlands. The history of the sanctuary dates back to the end of the fourteenth century. During the Reformation, in 1573, the chapel was destroyed, and the source filled up with debris from the chapel. In 1713, during the cattle plague, the water in the source welled up forcefully from under the rubble. History has it that the animals that drunk from the water survived the cattle plague. The Sanctuary of Onze Lieve Vrouw ter Nood is especially dedicated to Mary.
Visitors from all around the world are welcome. A website in English, French, German and Polish is required to reach a larger audience.





WPML Contractor

Report a problem