Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 3.53 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 4 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
April 10, 2020 at 12:38 pm #5883959

Ryan Collette

Hello,

I'm seeing duplicate fields when trying to translate within the Advanced Translator. These duplicate fields are from ACF. I've tried everything to try to remove the duplicates, nothings working.

Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 8.32.55 AM.png
April 14, 2020 at 4:18 am #5900569

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Welcome to WPML support. I'd be happy to help you further with this issue.

Can you follow the below steps and let me know if this helps:

Create a new page and see if the same issue exists? If not please follow the #2 and let me know if that helps.

- Mark the translation as complete
- Update the default language
- Try to edit the translation again, is the duplicate fields removed now?

If now, I would request you to add some dummy content on the original language and update the page and translations and let me know if that helps.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

April 14, 2020 at 6:59 pm #5907473

Ryan Collette

Thanks Shekhar,

I create a new page, and the fields did not duplicate. It appears only on current pages or when I clone/duplicate a page do the fields duplicate.
Using a current page (not the new test page), I completed the translation, updated the default language, then edited the translation. When doing so, the duplicated fields were still present. I also added dummy content, updated, then edited the translation, and I still see duplicated fields.

April 15, 2020 at 9:44 am #5911879

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

To debug this issue further, I would need to check your site settings once, for this I would need temporary access (wp-admin and ftp) to your site.

So could you please provide me those details, you will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
hidden link

This info is private and available to you and WPML supporters only.
Read more about this: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Note:
Backup your sites before providing the credentials or if possible provide credentials for the test site

Thanks

April 15, 2020 at 10:14 am #5912143

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Can you provide me the page link where I can replicate the issue?

Thanks

April 15, 2020 at 10:23 am #5912161

Ryan Collette

I've created a test page for you, Engaging Stakeholders 5, hidden link

April 16, 2020 at 6:43 am #5919203

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Your ftp details are not working, can you please check and update the details so I can debug it further.

You can edit your previous private reply to send me the updated details.

Thanks

April 16, 2020 at 9:34 am #5920743

Ryan Collette

Sorry,
Try ftp and not sftp.
No folder name (I removed 'root' in the private message)
Try passive mode

April 16, 2020 at 1:08 pm #5923197

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

The issue is happening because the same fields are being saved twice in the database with the same name in the default language itself.

Probably this happened due to some errors in the ACF plugin or misconfiguration, being so can you contact their support and ask for further help.

Thanks

post_meta.png
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.