Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Subash Chandra Poudel 1 year, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Subash Chandra Poudel.

Author Posts
June 2, 2022 at 7:32 am #11369563

matthiasW-17

- All of our media translatiosn are gone, it had at least 20 pages of pictures etc. (if not even more) and now all is gone. It only shows the latest pictures on one page

- We get a lot of error messages, that a page couldn't be translated. What is the reason for that?

- The page is translated in Spanish language but it doesn't redirect to that language:
hidden link

June 13, 2022 at 8:30 am #11446713

matthiasW-17

So we did a backup and we also followed the steps, WPML update is the current one.
Yet, still all of the media is lost.

I did all this:

Please go to WPML >> Support >> Troubleshooting page and press below buttons:
- Clear the cache in WPML
- Synchronize posts taxonomies
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element_type collation
- Fix WPML tables collation
- Synchronize local job ids with ATE jobs
- Synchronize translators and translation managers with ATE
- Assign translation status to duplicated content
- Fix post type assignment for translations
- Set language information

Only one I couldnt do: Synchronize translators and translation managers with ATE

June 13, 2022 at 3:49 pm #11451295

Subash Chandra Poudel

Hi there,

Thank you for testing the options and getting back with the updates.

1. Since the WPML -> Media Translation page should show you all the images translated or untranslated if images are missing there now it might be that your site is missing images too. Can you please check your site frontend and also the Media page in the backend and check if images are still there? Please let me know if original images are missing too or if only image translations are missing.

2. WPML normally does not deletes images or image translation and we don't have recent reports of such cases with the latest WPML update so can you please also check other possibilities and see if images missing could be some other updates/actions on the site?

3. I see you are using some image plugins on the site. Can you please back up the site to prevent any data loss and then deactivate all plugins on the site except WPML and see if the images are still missing? * It's better to test this on a staging/clone test site instead of a live site. Or will it be possible for you to send us a backup of the site before the updates and after the updates so that we can troubleshoot the issue further?

Please let me know the details on the points above and we can troubleshoot the issue further if required.

Regards,
Subash

June 14, 2022 at 7:22 am #11454913

matthiasW-17

Hi Subash

I cannot deactivate the plugins because of our tracking in our marketing automation tool.
Pictures are all still there.
Also, I just did a backup.
Here is the debug information again:

[Sensitive information removed by support]

June 14, 2022 at 8:08 am #11455273

Subash Chandra Poudel

Hi there,

Thank you for the updates and the details. However, I have removed the sensitive Debug info from your reply. Please note this is a public forum so you should only post them when asked for and from the private reply.

To check the issue further and understand it better, I would need to take a closer look at your site. So I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP), preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated.

I have enabled private reply for you to share the credentials safely. Please make sure to send both WP-Admin and FTP.

Please make a complete backup of your site (files and database) and confirm it in your next reply to prevent any data loss or issues.

Regards,
Subash

June 22, 2022 at 1:46 pm #11520355

Subash Chandra Poudel

Hi there,

Thank you for the details.

However, the user credentials you sent seem to be a Subscriber user and I don't have access to the media library or WPML to check the issue.

Can you please change the u8ser role to administrator and let me know?

Also, to confirm that I understand the issue correctly, the issue is that when you go to the Media page on Dashboard you don't see the images you previously had on the site, did I get it correct?

Regards,
Subash

June 30, 2022 at 6:47 am #11572413

matthiasW-17

I changed it.
And now, I f I go to WPML and Media Translations it only shows a couple of pictures, everything else is gone and I had a lot of translations in there, also different pictures for different languages and so on.

June 30, 2022 at 8:25 am #11573309

Subash Chandra Poudel

Hi there,

Thank you for the details and also for clarifying the issue again.

The issue that the Media Translation page only shows the first page and there is no link to go to the second or further pages is actually a known issue and our developers are already working on it to fix it asap. We don't have an ETA for the fix yet but our developers are already on it.

The issue however should not affect your existing media translations and if you search for your image in the filter option or increase the number of images to display from the Screen Option/Ansicht anpassen link at the top right, you should be able to see your media translation or edit them.

Regards,
Subash

July 1, 2022 at 5:23 am #11582101
matthiasW-17

Hi Subash

Alright, but you have to know, that translated pictures that I uploaded for example different header for different languages) disappeared as well. So even when I filter it and find the pictures, I still don't see them in the header anymore when I switch languages.

For example: hidden link

If I switch to Englisch, I will still see the German screenshot although I uploaded an English version for worldwide.

New threads created by Subash Chandra Poudel and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-all-of-our-media-translatiosn-are-gone/

July 1, 2022 at 9:24 am #11583435

Subash Chandra Poudel

Hi there,

I checked the issue with the header image on the page hidden link on your site. To test I created a test page and inserted that image to the page then translated it to worldwide and I can see media translation is working fine. The issue here seems to be with the Compatibility between the theme/page builder and WPML as I see only images set as background are not showing the translated version on the translated page.

Since this seems to be a new issue not related to the original issue and we handle only one issue per ticket to better manage issues and stay on the same page, I have split the issue to another ticket https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-all-of-our-media-translatiosn-are-gone/

I will follow up with you regarding the issue there.

Since the original issue of this thread that about 20 pages of pictures etc was lost from Media translation is now solved please consider this thread as resolved.

Regards,
Subash

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.