Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 17:00 10:00 – 17:00 10:00 – 17:00 10:00 – 17:00 10:00 – 17:00 -
- 18:00 – 19:00 18:00 – 19:00 18:00 – 19:00 18:00 – 19:00 18:00 – 19:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by dominiqueA 1 day, 17 hours ago.

Assisted by: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
September 23, 2024 at 5:55 pm #16211340

dominiqueA

Background of the issue:
I am using an Elementor Icon Box widget with a Link. When translating, I do not have the option to "translate" the link and point to the corrrect page.

The original/English link points to an English blog post. I would like the Icon Box of the translated/French page to point to the corresponding French blog post.

Symptoms:
Cannot translate the URL of an Elementor Icon Box

Questions:
Should this URL get translated automatically (like button URLs pointing to pages) or is there a way to get a segment with the translation of the "Icon Box URL" ?

September 24, 2024 at 3:21 am #16212258

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hi there! 🙂

Welcome to WPML support. I'd be glad to assist you.

If the links on your site have translations, WPML should automatically adjust them for you. Could you try updating the page and its translations to see if that resolves the issue? Additionally, you can check if the links are available for translation in the Advanced Translation Editor by using the search feature.

Also, please navigate to WPML -> Settings -> Translate Link Targets and click "Scan now and adjust links."

Let me know if this works for you.

Thank you!

September 24, 2024 at 5:18 am #16212356

dominiqueA

Hi,

This is indeed interesting.

Updating the blog posts (English and translation), ie the link's target, doesn't work.

Updating the page (English and translation), doesn't work either.

However, when updating the page, I could search for the post's name and there I see a box where I can translate the "Icon Box: Link".

That seems to work, but why is this necessary ? Is there a way to see all the "hidden" content that can be searched ?

As usual, more questions 😉

Thanks and have a good day. - Dominique -

September 24, 2024 at 5:23 am #16212365

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

To debug this issue further, I would need to check your site settings once, for this I would need temporary access (wp-admin and ftp) to your site.

So could you please provide me with those details, you will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
hidden link

This info is private and available to you and WPML supporters only.
Read more about this: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Note:
Backup your sites before providing the credentials or if possible provide credentials for the test site

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

September 25, 2024 at 4:17 am #16217960

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Can you provide me page and posts url where you have added the urls?

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

September 27, 2024 at 4:04 pm #16230644

dominiqueA

Hi, and sorry for the delay,

I though I already mentionned in the opening info that the problem is on this page: hidden link

This is a French translation and at the top you will see an Elementor "Icon Box" widget with a URL pointing to a blog article.

The English page points to the english post. When translating to French, I had to search for "something" to actually find the missing "Icon Box: URL" segment and manually add the URL of the corresponding French blog post.

As this is an internal URLs, my understanding is that it shuld have been automatically translated.

Regards, - Dominique -