Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by MuseeLeman 4 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Bruno.

Author Posts
November 21, 2019 at 3:01 pm #4989801

MuseeLeman

Hi,

We migrated a website to a live URL and we noticed that the chains in WPML still are on the old URL.
I'm super confused about this and how it affects our website because everything seems to be working fine since migrated but it looks wrong...
Our new URL is hidden link
The old one was hidden link

See screenshot of the chains

November 22, 2019 at 7:23 pm #5001725

Bruno

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us. I would be very happy to help you but I didn't fully understand what is the issue.

When you say old links are still being displayed, where exactly are you seeing old links? On the front end, this looks like it is set correctly.

Can you please elaborate a little more so I can better understand? Sometimes screenshots illustrating what you mean may go a long way to clarify what words fail to transmit so if you like make use of "upload an image" below the comment area.

Also, I noticed that you are using WP Fastest Cache. Make sure to clear the cache to see if the problem persists.

Thank you.

November 23, 2019 at 9:27 am #5003147

MuseeLeman

Hi,
I uploaded a screenshot, I don't know why it's not showing. Uploading it again.
Yes like I said I'm super confused about this and how it affects our website because everything seems to be working fine since migrated but it looks wrong...

Screen Shot 2019-11-21 at 3.59.26 pm.jpg
November 23, 2019 at 9:28 am #5003173

MuseeLeman

Also I tried deleting the cache it didn't change anything...

November 23, 2019 at 4:56 pm #5004823

Bruno

Hi,

Thanks for the screenshots. These URLs that are within the strings must be changed manually since these values were saved exactly as they were.

These strings were added with the old domain, so it's expected to go where these strings were added and update these strings with the new URL. Then you need to update the translation as well.

Thank you.

November 26, 2019 at 8:27 am #5019015

MuseeLeman

Hi Bruno,

Thank you for your answer, it's clearer to me now 🙂
One last question though, is there a quick way to find where these chains are on the website?

November 27, 2019 at 1:38 pm #5029643

Bruno

Hi,

You can do this through the database, or use some plugin to replace database content. You can see, for example, this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/search-and-replace/

Please note that I have not tested these plugins and cannot say if they will work as expected. You can test it, but it is recommended first to back up your database completely.

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have about it. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.