Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 7.38 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 2 days, 9 hours ago.

Author Posts
September 27, 2024 at 7:29 am #16228517

jesus-pabloE

Background of the issue:
I migrated a new website and I am trying to translate my Spanish website to English and create a menu for the header.

Symptoms:
WPML pages, posts, and content are not showing for editing. When disabling the 4 plugins (WPML Media Translation, WPML Multilingual CMS, WPML SEO, and WPML String Translation), the option to edit appears again and the menu doesn't detect English as active. This screenshot error shows up when entering to pages.

Questions:
Why are WPML pages, posts, and content not showing for editing?
How can I create a menu for the header that detects English as active?

September 27, 2024 at 7:50 am #16228663

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello!

I'll try to help you start while a supporter takes your case.

You mentioned you migrated the site and i suspect that something went wrong there. the screenshot you show us has an error because it's as if a menu was not found.

As next steps, could you please:

- Write the steps you take to recreate this error (go to menus?)

- Could you please check if there are any warnings or errors in the debug.log: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

- Try to recreate the issue after adding the code from the link to your wp-config.php file, and then go to the "wp-content" folder in your WordPress installation.

- If there were any issues on the site, a file called "debug.log" will appear. If you find it, please upload it to your preferred storage platform (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) and share the link to me in your reply (make sure it's shared with the right permissions so I can access its content).

That will probably give us more information about the problem so we can understand what next action to take.

Regards.