Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by a.m.L 4 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Bruno.

Author Posts
November 27, 2019 at 2:51 pm #5030259

a.m.L

Hello, I need to make two domains work for one language (English). I did not find anything in the documentation, I need your help to understand how this can be done.

November 27, 2019 at 4:38 pm #5031251

Bruno

Thank you for contacting us. Unfortunately, this does not seem possible. The WPML allows only a single domain to be used for each language. You can configure another domain to redirect to the domain you are currently using, but you cannot use two domains for the same language at the same time.

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have about it. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.

November 28, 2019 at 8:14 am #5033815

a.m.L

I tried to configure a domain for a domain that works in English, but then I get a 302 redirect. Tell me then how to do this.

November 28, 2019 at 9:28 am #5034273

a.m.L

Okay, I added a new language to bind it to the domain. Now I'm wondering if I can make the missing content in this language come from English?

November 28, 2019 at 12:16 pm #5035765

Bruno

You can duplicate English content for this new language you created: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/using-content-duplication/

That is, the English content will be duplicated for the new language and so you can set the second domain for this new language.

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have about it. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.