Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

We are using WPML currency switcher, and if you change the currency on our website, then visit a variational product, you are being shown the price in the original currency. Prices are set by Woo Discount Rules plugin.

Solution:

If you are using Woo Discount Rules (https://www.flycart.org/products/wordpress/woocommerce-discount-rules) -> Go to Settings -> Compatibility and tick the "additional compatibility for WPML"

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 3.82 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by cristianS-23 1 year, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Dražen Duvnjak.

Author Posts
September 24, 2022 at 8:47 am #12116101

cristianS-23

Tell us what you are trying to do?: We are using WPML currency switcher, and if you change the currency on our website, then visit a variational product, you are being shown the price in the original currency

Is there any documentation that you are following? No

Is there a similar example that we can see? Visit: hidden link and change the currency (widget on the right), you will see the price shown to the end customer is in the original currency (£)

What is the link to your site?: hidden link

September 26, 2022 at 10:22 am #12122941

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

thanks for contacting us.

I'd suggest
1. updating WPML (the current version is 4.5.11)
2. try to deactivate all plugins and the theme except WPML ones and WooCommerce and see if you still have the issue

September 28, 2022 at 1:11 pm #12141209

cristianS-23

Hi there,

I have done both of the above. I have also tried a different currency converter plugin (WOOCS) and that updates BOTH prices to reflect the correct currency:

Here is how it should work: hidden link - Select EUR, both prices will be updated to EUR
Here is the WPML instance: hidden link - Select EUR, you will see one price remaining in GBP.

September 29, 2022 at 6:56 am #12146105

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

thanks for getting back.

I am trying to visit the link and see the issue as you described but I can not see it.

If you still have issues, please try next steps:

- Please make a backup before proceeding.

1) Can you please check if the issue happens when only WPML plugins and WooCommerce are activated, all other plugins are disabled?

If you have any hosting side caching enabled, please also disable it as can cause issues.

2) Please change your theme to the WP default theme and check if the issue happens.

Let me know how it goes and if the issue still happens in such conditions.

Thanks,
Drazen

September 29, 2022 at 8:26 am #12147037

cristianS-23

How do you not see the issue? I am attaching screenshots for you.

And here are the product pages so you can see for yourself:
WOOCS - hidden link
WPML - hidden link

Does this make sense?

WPML-WRONG.png
WOOCS-CORRECT.png
September 29, 2022 at 9:04 am #12147441

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

thanks for getting back.

You firstly shared some other URLs, which were not opening, currently, on hidden link I see the problem. Also at first glance, it loads the correct EUR value but then for some reason, it reverts to GBP.

Since I guess it is a staging site, please follow my suggestion from the last reply and let me know if the issue still happens in such conditions (Only WPML plugins and WC enabled with WP default theme, no cache system).

Thanks,
Drazen

September 30, 2022 at 12:28 pm #12156761

cristianS-23

Issue is FIXED.

For anyone that might have this issue.
If you are using Woo Discount Rules (hidden link) -> Go to Settings -> Compatibility and tick the "additional compatibility for WPML"

image_2022_09_30T12_10_54_294Z.png
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.