Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on this forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 12:00 – 14:00 12:00 – 14:00 12:00 – 14:00 12:00 – 14:00 12:00 – 14:00 -
- 17:00 – 21:00 17:00 – 21:00 17:00 – 21:00 17:00 – 21:00 17:00 – 21:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Vienna (GMT+02:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 2 days, 7 hours ago.

Assisted by: Bigul.

Author Posts
September 26, 2024 at 2:21 pm #16225860

andreiN-6

Background of the issue:
I am translating my webstore to 5 other languages. The main feature of every product is the plugin called Advanced Product Fields. In all secondary languages (meaning all except the default one) this plugin just disappeared. It still works perfectly if the website is in the default language (Estonian), otherwise it disappears when switching to another one. Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

Symptoms:
Instead there was absolutely nothing, all the product fields disappeared. That's what was written in the product page: This is a translation of Kirgas klaas -15% SYGIS15. Some of the fields are not editable. It's recommended to use the WooCommerce Multilingual & Multicurrency products translator for translating products. All the Advanced product fields were empty there.

Questions:
Why does the Advanced Product Fields plugin disappear in all secondary languages?

How can I ensure the Advanced Product Fields plugin works in all translated languages?

September 27, 2024 at 8:15 am #16228764

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Vienna (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

This may be a compatibility issue with the *Advanced Product Fields Pro for WooCommerce* plugin. Therefore, I created a test site in our Sandbox Server to debug this bug further. Reproducing the issues in a fresh/minimal installation will help us a lot in debugging and also we can troubleshoot the issue without affecting your live site.

Please try the following steps and make sure the bug exists or is not on the sandbox site.

1) Click this URL to visit the Sandbox site backend - hidden link
2) Configure the WooCommerce like your live site
3) Configure WPML like your live site and activate WPML add-ons
4) Install and activate *Advanced Product Fields Pro for WooCommerce* plugin
5) Create a test product with Advanced Product Fields
6) Translate it and try to add fields manually in the secondary language

--
Thanks!

Bigul