Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 7.33 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 -
- 14:00 – 17:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 2 days, 10 hours ago.

Assisted by: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
September 26, 2024 at 11:31 am #16224743

Jos

Background of the issue:
I am trying to ensure that the translation of the Product bundle on my site hidden link gets updated with the actual stock state. We thought it was an object cache issue, but after an investigation with Kinsta, we found that there is no object caching active. It seems to be an issue with how WPML is handling the current stock status and not updating the status of a bundle when the stock of those products changes. See https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wpml-product-bundle-translation/ for more details.

Symptoms:
The translation of the Product bundle does not get updated with the actual stock state. It only updates when we manually edit the bundle translation itself.

Questions:
How can I ensure that the Product bundle translation gets updated automatically with the actual stock state?

September 26, 2024 at 11:41 am #16224788

Jos

Do i need to do anything now? Or is this investigated?

September 26, 2024 at 11:53 am #16224839

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

To help us investigate the issue, here’s what you need to do:

1. Access the sandbox environment here: hidden link

2. WooCommerce Product Bundles is already installed on the sandbox, so you just need to set up 1 main product and 2-3 simple bundled products.

3. Once the products are set up, translate them.

4. Reproduce the issue you're experiencing.

5. Use a screen recording tool like hidden link to record the steps you took to reproduce the issue. This will ensure we’re both on the same page, as WooCommerce issues can be tricky.

6. Share the recording with me so I can review and troubleshoot further.

Let me know if you need any help with these steps.

September 26, 2024 at 2:13 pm #16225794

Jos

that is so strange, i reproduced this, but here it works...
hidden link
Also when i update the stock quantity of 1 product with the API, it gets updated. How can i fugure out that this is not the case in my website (live and locally)? How can i debug this without installing everything all over again?

September 27, 2024 at 7:16 am #16228526

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

I see, so it would not be compatibility issue.

On your staging website, can you please check if this issue appears when:

- only WPML plugins are activated ( along with WooCommerce and Bundles), as it will tell us if there is an interaction issue with other plugin
- theme is set to a WordPress default like Twenty Twenty as it will tell us if there is an interaction issue with your theme