Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client is trying to display translated strings on their WooCommerce page but is seeing French strings instead of the expected English ones.
Solution:
We recommend checking if the strings were generated by a WooCommerce extension or if they are default WooCommerce strings. The client should try to remove the strings, register them again, and then translate them. To auto-register strings, we suggest following the instructions in our documentation on finding strings that don't appear on the String Translation page.

If this solution doesn't look relevant, please open a new support ticket.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andrey 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Andrey.

Author Posts
November 14, 2023 at 9:39 am #14795783

romainO-2

I am trying to display translated strings

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see the english strings

Instead, I got the french strings

69f7b5fc-9e0c-48e0-be71-20435f3ccc1a.png
Capture d’écran 2023-11-14 à 10.38.03.png
November 14, 2023 at 7:11 pm #14801861

Andrey
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Russian (Русский )

Timezone: Europe/Kyiv (GMT+03:00)

Were the strings generated by some Woocommerce extension or are they default Woocommerce strings?

Please try remove them, register again, and translate. You can auto-register the strings, check out this https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/finding-strings-that-dont-appear-on-the-string-translation-page/#enable-auto-register-strings.

November 15, 2023 at 3:53 pm #14811227

romainO-2

Hi,
It worked removing the strings and creating them again, while keeping "auto-register" activated. Thanks

romainO-2 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2023-11-15 15:53:58.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.