Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 3.40 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by pawelK-31 4 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Bobby.

Author Posts
March 31, 2020 at 9:49 am #5802545

pawelK-31

Tell us what you are trying to do?
First i have a trouble with otgs tools (popover , switcher) in wp-admin, but it's solved now.
Then if i want to translate page (for example covid-19 in advanced translation editor i see that target lang and source lang is null). By clicking finish job i get message "complete, null" on green background.

Second issue is about not displaying all custom fields for translating (main page for example).

So, wpml does not work correctly.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/ and some other topics and videos...

Is there a similar example that we can see?
I have not found.

What is the link to your site?
Link to my page -> hidden link

March 31, 2020 at 9:06 pm #5808025

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi There,

If possible please share a screenshot of the null source language and "complete,null" results , also please let me know which custom fields are not showing.

While you are in the default language's edit page, scroll down to Multilingual Content Setup and click on "Show system fields", please share a screenshot of these fields with me as well, as some of your custom fields might be set to "copy" or "do not translate".

April 1, 2020 at 1:47 pm #5813849

pawelK-31

Screenshots are attached

1 - null source, null target (only flags);

2 - message "success, null", (by clicking complete button);

3 - existing fields for translating in main page

4 - fields of main page in advanced translation editor (not all fields)

5 - system fields set to translate

P.s.
Problem with fields that are no showing. Maybe i need to refresh translation page in some way, because when i add new english translation , all fields are displayed.

5.jpg
4.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg
April 1, 2020 at 6:12 pm #5816607

Bobby
Supporter

Yes for the fields that are not showing I can see that they are correctly set up in the Multilingual Content Settings, if you make a small change in the default language or update it then they should show up in the translation.

For the issue with the null source and target languages I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to test the issue.
(preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible)

**Before we proceed I recommend taking FULL BACKUP of your database and your website.**
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you enter is private which means only you and I have access to it.

NOTE: If access to the live site is not possible and the staging site does not exist please provide me with a duplicator package created with the duplicator plugin.

Thank you,
Bobby

April 2, 2020 at 8:05 pm #5826435

Bobby
Supporter

Thank you for the access details!

Indeed this is not expected behavior for the source and target language to be NULL.

I have escalated this issue to our developer's team and once I have some feedback I will update you here.

However, I did a test and translating with the Automatic Translation is working as expected within the page.

You can go to Pages->Translate using Automatic translation or manually and then save your translations.

The translations need to reach 100% translation for you to be able to see them successfully in the frontend.

Additionally, we have upped the free words per month quota for the advanced translation editor, I have already added them to your account.

https://wpml.org/documentation/automatic-translation/automatic-translation-pricing/free-words-per-month/

April 14, 2020 at 6:20 pm #5907173

Bobby
Supporter

Hi There,

This issue should be resolved now

Let me know your results, please.

Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 11.21.43 AM.png
April 15, 2020 at 11:25 am #5912673

pawelK-31

Hi,

a part of the problem is solved, but it still display null by clicking "complete" button (screenshot 2). Finally the main issue is that the language switching does not work. If I choose English, the page was still in Polish (screenshot 3).

3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg
April 15, 2020 at 5:17 pm #5916043

Bobby
Supporter

Hi There,

I will look into the 'null' part when finishing the page, as that part does not have to do with the language rather it usually just shows a success string saying "Translation Completed" but let's make sure the language switching issue is resolved.

Your site is built with ACF groups, therefore I highly recommend to review the following documentation.

https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/

Your ACF groups were set to "Translatable" , instead they need to be set to "Not Translatable" as explained in the above documentation, and controlled from within the pages or posts under the Multilingual Content Setup (Pages->Edit Pages->Mutlilingual Content Setup) for each field.

However, the main issue that I see here is that the ACF fields for Contact come with a default value. For example, go to the edit page and edit the Title field in the Polish language.

hidden link

Notice I have added TEST at the end of the title, this does not show in the frontend of the Polish language.

hidden link

The same results happen if you create a new page, assign the Contact fields to it and then fill it in with test Title and Address they will be overwritten, this issue happens without WPML activated as well.

If you use WPML Advanced Translation Editor in any other page that is not using the ACF template its working as expected.

April 16, 2020 at 11:07 am #5921709

pawelK-31

So, problem in my case was in custom fields displaying method. I have used get_post_meta() function with field id. Instead i need to use just the_field() func, hidden link .

Now, language switching work very well. Thank you for your help!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.