Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
When moving between months, the url now looks like this:
domain.com/(/?:events)/(/?:month)/2020-05/ when it should look like domain.com/events/month/2020-05/

Solution:
Events Calendar takes the translation of months from WordPress language files. If you have those translation downloaded, month and day strings will be loaded from those files. Otherwise, you can delete language files and translate months using WPML.

Relevant Documentation:
https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/k/changing-the-language-on-your-calendar/

0% of people find this useful.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 5.59 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by cagex 4 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Dražen Duvnjak.

Author Posts
April 3, 2020 at 9:30 pm #5835687

eagleclawT

The main events page is at hidden link

When moving between months, the url now looks like this:
hidden link?:events)/(/?:month)/2020-05/

when it should look like
hidden link

It is breaking the layout. I assume this issue is being introduced by WPML and I am not sure how to solve it.

April 6, 2020 at 7:59 am #5845187

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

1) Since this issue is happening on the default language, can you check if this issue is caused by WPML or there is a bug in The Events Calendar plugin?

Deactivate all WPML plugins and see if the issue still happens.

2) Did you follow our documentation on how to use WPML and The Events calendar?

Can you please check the documentation and confirm everything is done accordingly. Make sure slug and Calendar strings are translated.

- hidden link
- https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/build-multilingual-events-websites-events-calendar-wpml/

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks and regards,
Drazen

April 7, 2020 at 2:55 am #5853151

eagleclawT

Yes, I followed that article. I have also disabled themes and other plugins.

Somehow though changing settings the month toggle and list view. toggles now work, but on the french side the calender view text (day names, month names) are all in English. On another copy of the site all these texts were in french without me having to enter new strongs.

I can't make any sense of how the system works.

Can you provide any guidance?

April 7, 2020 at 4:04 am #5853575

eagleclawT

Is there some way I can completely delete all references from The Tribe Events calendar in WPML so I can start over?

April 7, 2020 at 6:53 am #5854069

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Thanks for the reply.

I will try to explain best I can.

1) I think Events Calendar takes the translation of months etc from WordPress language files. So if you have those translation downloaded, month and days will appear in other languages and if not you will have to translate.

Events documentation: hidden link

2) To Reset Events configuration would be like resetting any other. So the best way will be to go over documentation and revert back all settings or by resetting WPML but that will also delete all translation of everything. I do not recommend it.

Let's go step by step and I will do my best to help you solve the issue.

I have visited your website and it seems the language of months is in correct language but there is still (?:events)/(/?:month) in your URL. Since this is also happening in your default language lets check is this bug coming from WPML.

Please deactivate WPML plugins and check if this issue is still there even when not using WPML.

Please confirm and let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Drazen

April 7, 2020 at 3:14 pm #5858689

eagleclawT

Hi Drazen,

Your response helped me solve the issue. I have no idea how the site got the WP language files because I have no recollection of doing anything that would have produced/retrieved them. But when I made a copy of the site I did not transfer them over.

Thanks for your help.

July 14, 2020 at 2:40 pm #6594049

cagex

Can you share what steps you took to resolve the issue? We require the same fix. The month / list views do not work when trying to use the 'New Styles'.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.