Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I want to completely uninstall WPML

Solution: Please make sure you delete all the translated pages, posts, media and taxonomies before you delete WPML and then go to WPML > Support > Troubleshooting > Reset WPML.

0% of people find this useful.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by davidN-51 4 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Bruno.

Author Posts
January 7, 2020 at 3:32 pm #5248119

davidN-51

Hello,

I would like to completely uninstall WPML but I have not been able to do this, despite following this in a previous post:

"In order to completely uninstall the WPML plugin you need to go to "WPML -> Support -> Troubleshooting" and at the bottom of the page you can find an option "Reset".

If I look via FTP, I can still see this folder: wp-content/languages/wpml

Surely that should also be deleted with a complete uninstall?

January 7, 2020 at 11:17 pm #5249951

Bruno

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us. Not exactly. The WPML will not remove these directories. WPML only removes WPML-related database settings and then disables WPML. No files are removed in this process.

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have about it. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.

January 8, 2020 at 6:45 am #5251547

davidN-51

Many thanks. I guess we can safely remove those directories?

January 8, 2020 at 12:10 pm #5253791

Bruno

It is always recommended to have a backup, but yes, this directory has only translated WPML files. You can safely remove it.

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have about it. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.