Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
How to show posts from other langauges

Solution:
In order to show the English language to other languages you should duplicate the posts/taxonomies to the other languages. https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/using-content-duplication/

Further, if you want to show the default languages to other languages without translating the content, you can use display as translated method.

More details: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by davidT-22 4 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
December 4, 2019 at 10:14 am #5067123

davidT-22

Hello,
I am currently building a site with Elementor pro and wpml. The main language is set to French. There are also 7 differents languages.

I have French and English posts. The french ones are meant to be displayed on the French version of the site and the English ones on all other languages.
For these languages, everything is ok.

I've started the translation to German and elementor doesn't show the english terms (taxonomies) for my loop.

Any idea where i am missing the point ?

December 6, 2019 at 4:24 am #5081213

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Welcome to WPML support. I'd be happy to help you further on this issue.

How are you displaying the English posts and taxonomies to the remaining 6 languages? are you duplicating the posts and taxonomies?

Further, We recently released new versions of plugins so can you please update the plugins to the latest version and let me know if this helps?

Note: Keep a backup of your site before updating plugins.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

December 6, 2019 at 9:09 am #5082057

davidT-22

Hello Shekhar, thanks for your answer.
How are you displaying the English posts and taxonomies to the remaining 6 languages?
I am displaying posts with Elementor (see fr and en images). In theses cases, Elementor can find the taxonomies. In german (de), it can't find the english taxonomy.

are you duplicating the posts and taxonomies?
No i am not duplicating the English ones to other languages. I was thinking (I might be wrong) that when the post are created they were reachable in all other languages.

Further, We recently released new versions of plugins so can you please update the plugins to the latest version and let me know if this helps?
I will try this in a few days.

de.png
fr.png
en.png
December 9, 2019 at 2:18 am #5090015

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

In order to show the English language to other languages you should duplicate the posts/taxonomies to the other languages. https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/using-content-duplication/

Further, if you want to show the default languages to other languages without translating the content, you can use display as translated method.

More details: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

December 9, 2019 at 3:39 pm #5093969

davidT-22

Ok, thank you Shekhar.
I think i can't escape duplication then.

Thanks for the help !

December 10, 2019 at 2:44 am #5096655

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Sure,

You can mark this issue as resolved.

Thanks

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.