Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 - - 9:00 – 18:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Yerevan (GMT+04:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christopher Amirian 1 year, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Christopher Amirian.

Author Posts
June 14, 2022 at 5:19 am #11454409

benR-2

I am trying to:
Edit elementor templates.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: /

I expected to see:
The updated template (header/footer)

Instead, I got:
Default theme template (header/footer)

Steps to reproduce:
Change language to anything other than default language in admin.
Go to the front page in default language and click on Admin toolbar: Edit with Elementor->Header

June 14, 2022 at 5:35 am #11454455

benR-2

Also tried disabling all plugins except Elementor+pro and WPML.

June 14, 2022 at 8:37 am #11455645

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Yerevan (GMT+04:00)

Hi there,

Would you please follow the steps below?

https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/elementor/#translate-elementor-templates

Also please make sure that you go to WPML > Settings > Post Types Translation and make the Header and Footer translatable there?

If the issue persists, I'd appreciate it if you could give me the URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard after you make sure that you have a backup of your website.
It is absolutely important that you give us a guarantee that you have a backup so if something happens you will have a point of restore.

Make sure you set the next reply as private.

June 14, 2022 at 1:19 pm #11458481

benR-2

You say: "Also please make sure that you go to WPML > Settings > Post Types Translation and make the Header and Footer translatable there?"

You can only make templates and template parts translatable there.
Templates are translatable.

The problem is, that the templates completely disappear after editing from frontend, if another language is selected in backend.

Are you able to reproduce the issue?

Kind Regards,
Ben

June 15, 2022 at 7:59 am #11464141

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Hi ben,

Ok, it seems that you want to manually change the translated Template. That is not possible.

If you use the Translation Editor to translate the content, you should not change anything in the translation in the backend or the front-end editor of Elementor Template.

If you want to have a different layout for the template in each language you need to follow the steps below to do a manual translation and avoid using the translation editor:

https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-different-translation-editors-for-different-pages/

Thank you.

June 15, 2022 at 8:26 am #11464361

benR-2

Hi,

I am changing the template in default/original language, but accessing it from the admin toolbar (for example from the front page - default language), when in another tab I have the admin in a non default language.

For different layout in each language, we should mention another issue:
https://wpml.org/errata/elementor-pro-its-not-possible-to-use-different-templates-per-language/
Have not tried it yet.

June 16, 2022 at 5:51 am #11472791

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Hi there,

Please kindly follow the steps that mentioned in the errata that you linked and if the issue persists please get back to us with the login information of your website and add it as a private reply.

Kindly also give me the exact steps to do to see the issue. Where to go which template to check and what to do to see the issue.

Thanks.

June 24, 2022 at 8:28 am #11536359

benR-2

Ok, wil try on a fresh install with the steps mentioned in the errata and let you know.

June 26, 2022 at 11:29 am #11545021

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] Elementor templates stop working’ is closed to new replies.