Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Prosenjit Barman 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Prosenjit Barman.

Author Posts
August 16, 2023 at 6:49 am #14206191

xiaoweiX

Without WPML media translation enabled, is it still possible to use a different image for a translated product's featured image?

August 17, 2023 at 9:54 am #14244541

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hello There,
Thanks for contacting WPML Support.

If you are looking to set a different featured image for a translated product without using the Media Translation plugin, I'm afraid that won't be possible. The primary function of the Media Translation plugin is to enable the setting of distinct images for each language.

That said, you do have the option to manually edit the translated product and upload its featured image. However, this method isn't ideal. After updating the translation, the manual changes will be replaced. I hope you can understand.

Please let me know if there is anything else if you need help. I will be happy to assist.

Best regards,
Prosenjit

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.