Este é o fórum de suporte técnico para o WPML, o plugin para WordPress multilíngue.

Qualquer um pode ler, mas apenas clientes do WPML podem postar aqui. A equipe do WPML responde no fórum 6 dias por semana, 22 horas por dia.

Marcado: 

This topic contains 5 respostas, has 2 vozes.

Last updated by Bobby 4 meses, 3 semanas atrás.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Autor Posts
maio 23, 2019 às 2:52 pm

José

Hello,

I'm trying to translate this website hidden link from portuguese (first language) to english. I've duplicated all pages and clicked tranlate independently button as usual.

However all /en urls are redirecting to hidden link and when tranlsating /en pages nothing is saved.

Please check this, it´s urgent and I have no idea what's happening. I've followed the process I always do.

Thank you

maio 23, 2019 às 4:43 pm #3878045

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: Inglês (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi There,

Your English is currently hidden, that is why it is not showing as expected

you have to go to your User Profile->Edit-> enable "Apresentar idiomas ocultos"

i have test it and its working now as expected.

maio 23, 2019 às 4:56 pm #3878109

José

Hello,

Yes, it's hidden on purpose. I just want the translated pages visible when I have finished translating. I always work like this without issues, but here EN pages are getting redirect to homepage and translated content is not being saved.

Please check this again.

Thank you

maio 23, 2019 às 4:59 pm #3878121

Bobby
Supporter

Please go within your User Profile it and set the above setting to be enabled

[you have to go to your User Profile->Edit-> enable "Apresentar idiomas ocultos"]

this will keep the language hidden for everybody else but you will still be able to see it, without it enabled even the admin cant view it.

NOTE : on your front page, you might need to translate your slides as the translation cant find any slides on the home page(seperate issue but worth looking into)

maio 23, 2019 às 5:08 pm #3878189

José

Ok, that worked. Thanks. But is this a new system? (I really don´t remember having to do this before...)

Also, this way the pages will get indexed by google, right? So I should probably delete all the EN pages I have already duplicated but haven´t still translated, rght?

Thank you

maio 23, 2019 às 5:25 pm #3878263

Bobby
Supporter

Glad to hear it works now , I believe we always had this function

By default Google should not index these URLs (when you keep this hidden in WPML > Languages > Hide Languages).

As long as the language is marked as hidden it should not be indexed by Google.