Untranslated post object and page link fields do not show on the back-end of the duplicated post despite the fact that the post is associated with the correct value for the post object and page link custom fields in the database.
Please note that this is not a bug and it does not affect the functionality. All the textual elements will be presented in the front-end correctly even though they are not displayed on the back-end.
Steps to reproduce the scenario
- Create a new field group and add two fields, one with the field type post object and another with the field type page link then publish the field group.
- Create a new post in the default language. In our example, we will name it English Post and Publish the post.
- Create a new post. In our example, we will name it Test Post. Set the Post object and Page link custom fields to be English Post and Publish the post.
- Scroll down to the Multilingual Content Setup section and set the custom fields to be copy and click on the Apply button.
- Choose the Duplicate option found on the language meta-box on the top right and click the Duplicate button to duplicate the post content to the secondary language.
- Navigate to the duplicated post editor. You will not see the Post object and Page link custom fields on the editor page despite the fact that they are associated with the correct value for the Post object and Page link custom fields in the database.