Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.74 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dražen Duvnjak 4 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Dražen Duvnjak.

Author Posts
February 18, 2020 at 1:29 pm #5515561

michaelZ-9

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I am trying to change an image so that it changes in all languages, when i remove once image in one langauge or change it using a plugin to swap out images it seems to remain in the other langauges.

Is there a way to remove the media duplication so that I can make the changes and then readd it, or a way to have it images change accross all langauges.

February 19, 2020 at 8:06 am #5520981

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello!

Welcome to WPML Support.

I'll do my best to help you solve this issue.

You can choose different images for different languages by using our WPML Media Translation plugin.

Documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/media-translation/

Please backup your site before doing following action.

The option to synchronize the images is located in WPML > Settings menu. To synchronize the media, please follow the steps below:

- Click on the WPML > Settings
- Scroll down and look at the "Media Translation"
- Click on the "Start" button

Please let me know how it goes and don't hesitate to ask if you find any problem along the way or have doubts or questions about the steps mentioned above, I'll do my best to help you in the best way possible.

Regards,
Drazen

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.