Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Dražen Duvnjak 3 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Dražen Duvnjak.

Author Posts
November 25, 2020 at 1:06 pm #7525609

albaC

I wanted to translate the plugin WPFront Notification Bar. I have followed the 2 tickets indicated below. I have been able to translate the text of the notification bar; however, the translation of the button and the link are not displaying, they display in the main language (although I translated them in strings screen). https://wpml.org/forums/topic/translation-of-wpfront-notification-bar-plugin/
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wpfront-notification-bar-plugin-again/

November 25, 2020 at 2:11 pm #7526069

Andrés
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+01:00)

Hello there,

As we discussed in chat, please try to change the file /templates/notification-bar-template.php, in line 149, from:

<a class="wpfront-button" onclick="javascript:wpfront_notification_bar_button_action_script();"><?php echo $button_text; ?></a>

For:

<a class="wpfront-button" onclick="javascript:wpfront_notification_bar_button_action_script();"><?php
    echo apply_filters( 'wpml_translate_single_string', $this->options->button_text(), 'admin_texts_wpfront-notification-bar-options', '[wpfront-notification-bar-options]button_text', apply_filters( 'wpml_current_language', NULL ) );
?></a>

Can you translate the button now?

November 26, 2020 at 3:23 pm #7536067

albaC

I have changed this piece of code, but the translations are not displaying. As I told you, I was already able to translate the button and the link after follow the 2020 ticket I sent you. Thanks!

November 27, 2020 at 12:54 pm #7543269

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

thanks for getting back.

I was able to make it work following the adjusted code by Andres and previous ticket.

I am providing steps by step guide for future reference:

1) In the WPFront Notification Bar plugin folder, go to the templates/notification-bar-template.php file and open it for editing.

2) Around line 109 replace next code:

<div class="wpfront-message">
    <?php echo $this->get_message_text(); ?>
</div>

with next

<div class="wpfront-message">
<?php
    echo apply_filters( 'wpml_translate_single_string', $this->options->message(), 'admin_texts_wpfront-notification-bar-options', '[wpfront-notification-bar-options]message', apply_filters( 'wpml_current_language', NULL ) );
?>
</div>

3) Around line 144 replace next code:

<a class="wpfront-button" href="<?php echo $this->options->button_action_url(); ?>"  target="<?php echo $this->options->button_action_new_tab() ? '_blank' : '_self'; ?>" <?php echo empty($rel) ? '' : "rel=\"$rel\""; ?>><?php echo $button_text; ?></a>

with next

<a class="wpfront-button" href="<?php echo apply_filters( 'wpml_translate_single_string', $this->options->button_action_url(), 'admin_texts_wpfront-notification-bar-options', '[wpfront-notification-bar-options]button_action_url', apply_filters( 'wpml_current_language', NULL ) ); ?>"  target="<?php echo $this->options->button_action_new_tab() ? '_blank' : '_self'; ?>" <?php echo empty($rel) ? '' : "rel=\"$rel\""; ?>><?php echo apply_filters( 'wpml_translate_single_string', $this->options->button_text(), 'admin_texts_wpfront-notification-bar-options', '[wpfront-notification-bar-options]button_text', apply_filters( 'wpml_current_language', NULL ) ); ?></a>

5. Save and translate string from WPML > String translation.

Video: hidden link

I hope I was helpful. Don't hesitate to ask if you find any problem along the way, I'll gladly help you.

Regards,
Drazen

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.