Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 3 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Bobby.

Author Posts
August 6, 2020 at 4:04 pm #6750941

perA-3

Hello!

Im trying to add all pages to English menu. The site is originally in Swedish. I have translated all pages but not all of the pages show up when I try to create and populate the English menu. Just some of them. Please let me know if you need login credentials.

hidden link

Please advice,

With kind regards

// Pelle

August 6, 2020 at 6:23 pm #6751659

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

Please go to Appearance->Menus and add a translation to your current menu or synchronize it with the secondary language.

Documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-menus/

If there are still pages not showing, please share them with me so I can further review.

August 6, 2020 at 7:06 pm #6751889

perA-3

Hej Bobby!

Thank you for your reply. I have done that. The pages are not showing up.

Thank you!

// Pelle

August 6, 2020 at 9:30 pm #6752311

Bobby
Supporter

Hello,

The above credentials are not working.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to test the issue.
(preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible)

**Before we proceed It is necessary to take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website. Providing us with access, you agree that a backup has been taken **

I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/
You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you enter is private which means only you and I have access to it.

NOTE: If access to the live site is not possible and the staging site does not exist please provide me with a duplicator package created with the duplicator plugin.

Thank you,
Bobby

August 6, 2020 at 10:54 pm #6752407

Bobby
Supporter

Hello,

Review your menu's English translation here:
hidden link

It is not the same as the default menu.

I have now synced the 2 menus and it is showing as expected, however, you still need to add the corresponding menu options for "Priser" and "Kom igång" (I have now added a placeholder in its place)

August 7, 2020 at 8:23 am #6754793

perA-3

Hello Bobby!

Thank you very much for your help.

But the problem is that the pages "Priser" and "Kom igång" is missing in the list of translated pages. Not all translated pages show up even though I have translated them...

Of my 21 Swedish (Svenska) pages, only 13 English (Engelska) are showing.

Regards,

// Pelle

grab438.jpg
grab440.jpg
grab439.jpg
August 7, 2020 at 7:32 pm #6758731

Bobby
Supporter

This is happening because the translations are located in the trash.

Please go to Pages->Trash->English and restore the translations.

Then go back to the English menu, remove the placeholder I added and replace by the 2 missing pages.

Screen Shot 2020-08-07 at 12.30.55 PM.png
August 12, 2020 at 10:20 am #6784813
perA-3

Hello. Thank you for your help. I don't know why they ended up in trash. Im now working on next language - Spanish. I need some help. I have translated the page but there is only one translated text (on a button) that appears on the Spanish page, the rest is in Swedish. Also the page has not exactly the same layout as the original page. Can you advice?

Thank you

// Pelle

New threads created by Bobby and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-pages-missing/

August 12, 2020 at 4:36 pm #6787809

Bobby
Supporter

Hi Pelle,

We try to keep each ticket to a minimum of one issue.

Please refer to the link above for the new split ticket.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.