Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 14:00 9:00 – 14:00 9:00 – 14:00 9:00 – 14:00 9:00 – 14:00 -
- 19:00 – 22:00 19:00 – 22:00 19:00 – 22:00 19:00 – 22:00 19:00 – 22:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

This topic contains 36 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by alejandraM 3 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Yvette.

Author Posts
July 3, 2020 at 10:48 am #6513481

patrickT-26

When using "Change paymentmethod" in woocommerce subscriptions "my account"; the site would time out without any errors.

Please go to hidden link
Click on "Skift Betalingskort" (Change payment)

If I deactivate WooCommerce Multilingual the problem disappears

July 6, 2020 at 3:12 pm #6531711

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

Hi there,

I´ll be helping you with this issue.

1. Clarifications
1.1 Does this change-payment-method work in any language?
1.2 If you temporarily change the URL format to use a language per directory instead of a language per domain, does it work?
Note: I realise you have a live site....do you have a staging site where we can work freely?

2. Compatibility
This seems to be part of Woocommerce subscriptions. Is this correct?
Would you be able to reproduce this example on the following site by uploading the version of the plugin that you have installed and then create a simple example that demonstrates the issue at hand?
hidden link

July 7, 2020 at 9:30 am #6537167

patrickT-26

Please provide a login-info reply; i've set up a staging-site and disabled anything but the following:

Woocommerce
Woocommerce Subscriptions
Disable Emails (Please leave this on)
All WPML plugins

The issue persists; but the staging will allow you to do whatever is needed.

July 7, 2020 at 9:49 am #6537415

patrickT-26

The issue is narrowed down to: Multi Currency (If i disable it, then it works)

July 7, 2020 at 11:13 am #6538319

patrickT-26

- I removed alle currencies and only left Danish Kroner (DKK) as 1 currency while keeping multicurrency ON
- I tried re-adding the EUR/USD currency with different decimals
- I reinstalled the Woocommerce Multilingual

No change.

I did some rollbacks on "Woocommerce Multilingual"

4.7.0 - NOT WORKING (being disabled)
4.7.7 - NOT WORKING (being disabled)
4.7.8 - NOT WORKING
4.7.9 - NOT WORKING

July 7, 2020 at 11:25 am #6538465

Yvette
Supporter

Ok.

Please provide access to your staging site in the private area below.

It´s generally not advised to roll back the plugins. It´s ok if I freely set the plugins to their latest levels and test with changing themes and plugins at will?
Thanks

July 7, 2020 at 12:25 pm #6538687

patrickT-26

I've set up a subscription for the user: WPML2

Can be found here:
/min-konto/view-subscription/116361/

July 7, 2020 at 1:26 pm #6539481

patrickT-26

Minor update:
The page actually does load sometimes - after 4.4 minutes 😀

July 7, 2020 at 1:43 pm #6539961

patrickT-26

The issue is here:
/test.femaleinvest.com/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-multilingual/inc/currencies/class-wcml-multi-currency.php

if ( isset( $_GET['pay_for_order'] ) && $_GET['pay_for_order'] == true && isset( $_GET['key'] ) ) {
			$order_id = $wpdb->get_var( $wpdb->prepare( "SELECT post_id FROM $wpdb->postmeta WHERE meta_key = '_order_key' AND meta_value = %s", sanitize_text_field( $_GET['key'] ) ) );
			if ( $order_id ) {
				$this->client_currency = get_post_meta( $order_id, '_order_currency', true );
			}
		}

This line:

$order_id = $wpdb->get_var( $wpdb->prepare( "SELECT post_id FROM $wpdb->postmeta WHERE meta_key = '_order_key' AND meta_value = %s", sanitize_text_field( $_GET['key'] ) ) );

Is called aprox 2334 times... (I disabled it and echoed it out to check - then the site works fine...)

Keep on digging but a little assist would be nice 🙂

July 7, 2020 at 1:57 pm #6540057

patrickT-26

Image of the page is too large - so its found here:
hidden link

What worries me the MOST though is that the currency function is called 500 times on the frontpage as well (Where nothing with a price is shown.....!)

July 7, 2020 at 3:40 pm #6540913

Yvette
Supporter

Thanks for this digging and information.

I´m going to verify and escalate to our 2nd tier support who can get this to development. I´m not a coder (sorry). My job is to verify bugs, help you use our products and answer general questions. 2nd tier will do the debugging work.

Hopefully, the 2nd tier supporters will be able to give you a workaround or solution. Could you send me a copy of your site as per this article?

I am opening the private area for this informaiton. Please don´t attempt to upload the package, use a file sharing service like WeTransfer and only include the downloadable link in your next reply.

July 7, 2020 at 4:12 pm #6541271

patrickT-26

Hi Yvette,

This duplicator archive will include all our customers (4000 ish) personal information - im not sure i can get my end-client to accept handing over that information without us keeping it local on our server where we can document logs/usage.

its a subscription/membership site where we maintain more than just emails and name - we have a lot of client private data and value our security.

Is there any way the current setup can be used if we provide an FTP account?

July 7, 2020 at 4:15 pm #6541281

Yvette
Supporter

What about if I offered you a sandbox site and you just replicate the issue there since it seems you have a clear idea of what the problem is.

The sandbox site has our latest plugins, the Storefront theme, and some sample Woocommerce products.

Woudl this work?

July 7, 2020 at 4:19 pm #6541285

patrickT-26

Client cleared the use of Duplicator - ill duplicate the staging-site now.

Please provide another private-message.

I also assume the developer team understands that this is a subscription-side; and if the site is taken OUT of Woocommerce Subscription Staging - Then our clients will be charged double for their subscriptions..

July 7, 2020 at 4:35 pm #6541387

Yvette
Supporter

Hmmm - do you think it is better to use a sandbox site then...just to make sure we are not interfering with any of your operations?

I will prep this for you now in case you are in agreement.