Fleuriste ABACA is an established florist shop based out of Montreal, Canada, and has been in business for more than 30 years.
The owner hired us in 2014 to design, build and manage a complete WooCommerce-based site so his store could sell a subset of their flower offerings, as well as online-only items. Because the site uses a number of e-commerce plugins, WPML was the best fit to implement both French and English into the site. And because we had to implement some functionality using a custom plugin, we made sure to use a custom textdomain, so that WPML could easily pick up the strings for translation.
Because of our related expertise in performance tuning and working with the client to minimize friction during the purchase process, the site has experienced steady growth since the launch and is expected to provide 6-digit revenues in 2018, with 20% of sales coming from overseas, all this thanks to being able to offer a bilingual shopping experience !https://www.fleuristeabaca.com
How to build a multilingual e-commerce website with Toolset and WPML
- Add custom fields and taxonomies to your WooCommerce products with Types
- Create your own templates for WooCommerce products
- Create a customized shopping page and a side by side product comparison
- Build a product search so customers can find your products
- Add a product categories slider
- Create front end forms so users can add and edit products using Forms
- Display information on store orders and which customers bought a product
To translate an e-commerce website with WPML you will need to
- Choose who will translate your content, yourself, your own translators or a translation service
- Translate your pages and posts
- Translate your taxonomies
- Translate your strings from your theme, plugins and other places
- Translate your menus
- Translate your WooCommerce elements using WCML
If you are assigning translations
You will want to follow the steps above but you will need to send content for translation.