LinguaMedia is a Russian e-commerce website. It sells books for children to learn how to read and write in Russian. Their target group are Russian parents who live abroad but want their children to be able to master the use of azbuka (the Russian alphabet).
I've used the Avada theme and WooCommerce to create the website, which was recently re-designed by the client herself. The main challenge was to get the translations right, because my ability to read azbuka is based solely on 2 years of mandatory Russian classes, in school, back in the 80s of the last century. I haven't really needed to use it again until this job came in.
The site required to be in English and Russian.https://www.linguamedia.co.uk/en/magazin/
How to build a multilingual e-commerce website with Toolset and WPML
- Add custom fields and taxonomies to your WooCommerce products with Types
- Create your own templates for WooCommerce products
- Create a customized shopping page and a side by side product comparison
- Build a product search so customers can find your products
- Add a product categories slider
- Create front end forms so users can add and edit products using Forms
- Display information on store orders and which customers bought a product
To translate an e-commerce website with WPML you will need to
- Choose who will translate your content, yourself, your own translators or a translation service
- Translate your pages and posts
- Translate your taxonomies
- Translate your strings from your theme, plugins and other places
- Translate your menus
- Translate your WooCommerce elements using WCML
If you are assigning translations
You will want to follow the steps above but you will need to send content for translation.