NeuroLabNL is the academic workplace for brain, cognitive and behavioral research. A workplace, because professionals from universities, colleges, knowledge institutes and societal organizations work together on research and knowledge dissemination about the brain, cognition and behavior.
They work with many professionals from different countries. A multilingual website was necessary. We built a WordPress website with WPML.https://neurolab.nl/en/
How to build a multilingual education website with WPML
To build a multilingual education website with Toolset like this one you will need to:
- Add custom post types to create sections for your website (services, courses, testimonials etc)
- Create custom fields to make it easy to add and update information for each course/service
- Create custom taxonomies to group any courses or services together by categories
- Display your content on the front end using Views
- Design the structure of your pages using Layouts
To translate your education website with WPML you will need to
- Choose who will translate your content, yourself, your own translators or a translation service
- Translate your pages, posts and custom post types
- Translate other site content such as custom fields, images and URLs
- Translate strings
If you are assigning translations you will want to follow the steps above but you will need to send content for translation.