News Media Canada is the voice of Canada’s news media industry, representing over 800 titles in every province and territory. News Media Canada provides a range of services to its members, advocating on their behalf and increasing the profile of the industry with advertisers, government and other stakeholders.
The Canadian population speaks two main languages, and this made it necessary to have a multilingual website in French and English languages.https://nmc-mic.ca/
How to build a multilingual membership website with WPML and Toolset
To build a multilingual membership site like this one with Toolset you will need to:
- Separate your content into custom post types
- Set up custom roles for your members using Toolset Access
- Restrict access to certain content for non members
- Create front-end forms for registration, login and account management using Forms
- Charge fees for membership and handle recurring payments - this is optional
You can find more information in our guide to creating multilingual memberships sites using Toolset and WPML.
To translate your membership website with WPML you will need to
- Choose who will translate your content, yourself, your own translators or a translation service
- Translate your pages, posts and custom post types
- Translate other site content such as custom fields, menus and images
- Duplicate and translate any content submitted on the front end
- Translate strings
If you are assigning translations you will want to follow the steps above but you will need to send content for translation.