A major university in Rome, Italy, the Pontifical University of St. Thomas Aquinas has a rich history, foundered in the 13th century, and a strong tradition of academics for its worldwide student base. The university offers courses in both English and Italian for students from 100 different nationalities.
Due to it's worldwide student base and bilingual course offerings, the university has an obvious need for a robust and functional multilingual site. Longbeard chose WPML to handle the complex multilingual infrastructure, which offers all pages and content -- including course listings, news posts, events, and announcements, in both English and Italian.https://angelicum.it
How to build a multilingual education website with WPML
To build a multilingual education website with Toolset like this one you will need to:
- Add custom post types to create sections for your website (services, courses, testimonials etc)
- Create custom fields to make it easy to add and update information for each course/service
- Create custom taxonomies to group any courses or services together by categories
- Display your content on the front end using Views
- Design the structure of your pages using Layouts
To translate your education website with WPML you will need to
- Choose who will translate your content, yourself, your own translators or a translation service
- Translate your pages, posts and custom post types
- Translate other site content such as custom fields, images and URLs
- Translate strings
If you are assigning translations you will want to follow the steps above but you will need to send content for translation.