Waveland is a legal firm with the focus on data security solutions for Healthcare and Businesses. They had a site set up with a WordPress theme, WooCommerce Subscriptions and they had the need for WordPress professionals who could help them with future development.
After we applied a number of fixes and took over the maintenance with our Managed WP Hosting and Management solution we started to work on a new, custom developed theme. After that, stability increased and also the user experience took off. It was so much easier to navigate and find the products that revenue exploded during march, april and may. Up to 1000% in the last month.
After that period we discussed a Multilingual setup in their website. We suggested WPML and integrated it in their installation. After a quick training, they are now able to manage their own E-commerce, SEO and content in 2 languages: English and Dutch.
How to build a multilingual e-commerce website with Toolset and WPML
- Add custom fields and taxonomies to your WooCommerce products with Types
- Create your own templates for WooCommerce products
- Create a customized shopping page and a side by side product comparison
- Build a product search so customers can find your products
- Add a product categories slider
- Create front end forms so users can add and edit products using Forms
- Display information on store orders and which customers bought a product
To translate an e-commerce website with WPML you will need to
- Choose who will translate your content, yourself, your own translators or a translation service
- Translate your pages and posts
- Translate your taxonomies
- Translate your strings from your theme, plugins and other places
- Translate your menus
- Translate your WooCommerce elements using WCML
If you are assigning translations
You will want to follow the steps above but you will need to send content for translation.