TransPerfect is one of the largest providers of enterprise localization services and technology solutions. More than 5,000 global organizations employ TransPerfect's GlobalLink® Product Suite to simplify the management of multilingual content.
TransPerfect is one of the world’s largest provider of enterprise localization services and technology solutions. From offices in over 100 cities on six continents, TransPerfect offers a full range of services in 200+ languages to clients worldwide. More than 6,000 global organizations employ TransPerfect’s GlobalLink® technology to simplify management of multilingual content. TransPerfect has global headquarters in New York, with regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong. For more information, please visit www.transperfect.com.
Getting started with TransPerfectand WPML
To send content for translation to TransPerfect, install the following plugins on your website:
- WPML Multilingual CMS – the core plugin
- WPML String Translation – this plugin will allow you to translate interface strings
Working with TransPerfect via WPML
Here are the basic steps of working with WPML and TransPerfect. For a full walkthrough, check out our page about using WPML with a translation service.
Connecting Your Website to TransPerfect
First, you need to connect WPML with TransPerfect. Part of this very simple process is to request your TransPerfect API Credentials (Project Director URL, username, password and project code).
If you already have an account, simply enter your credentials in WPML when requested. If you don’t have a TransPerfect account, you will need to contact TransPerfect to create one.
Click on the “Get in touch” link located at the top right area of the site and choose an option to get in touch and request an account.
When the account is ready, you will receive a “GlobalLink Technology Configuration” PDF document with your account details. Your Project Director URL, username, password, and project code can be found in the PDF document.
Sending content for translation
Once your site is connected to TransPerfect, you can start sending your content for translation.
Receive a quotation from TransPerfect
Once your translation basket has been sent to TransPerfect, follow the “Translation Jobs” link you are given in the confirmation message or click on the Translation Jobs tab. Then, click on the Batch name to be redirected to TransPerfect’s GlobalLink director dashboard and complete the configuration of your project.
Receiving completed translations
Once done, your site is ready to receive completed translations.
Canceling translation jobs
If for any reason you want to cancel the translation of the pages sent from WPML to TransPerfect, bear in mind that:
- You cannot manually delete or cancel jobs from the Translation Jobs tab on your website.
- You cannot cancel individual jobs; however, you can cancel a submission, including all the jobs in it, from the GlobalLink Project Director dashboard. Depending on your workflow configuration, you might not be able to cancel submissions that are already in progress. Please, contact your TransPerfect Account Manager for more information.
- Once a submission is canceled, go to WPML → Translation Management and click the Check status and get translations button to refresh the status and see the changes. As a result, WPML will remove all canceled jobs from the Translation Jobs tab.
Note: If you do not have access to the GlobalLink Project Director dashboard, please contact your TransPerfect Account Manager.
Read more about canceling translation jobs sent to a professional service.
Translating the Rest of Your Site
Once you’re done translating the content of your page, there could be untranslated texts in menus, sidebars, and similar places. No problem, you can use TransPerfect to translate the rest of your site.